Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Possible buyout of 2020 Oregon football game?

Default Re: Possible buyout of 2020 Oregon football game?

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    How many fans doors everyone think we bring?? 10k?
    I think that would be ambitious just due to lack of availability. Autzen only holds 54,000 and Oregon isn't like the Goophers when it comes to fan apathy. It'll be the season opener on top of it. I'd guess 4-5k.

gumby013 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I picked a random weekend in september and the prices were very reasonable- didnt actually check if there was a gamae that weekend or not....

Let me check....

Yeah just checked the weekend of a home game against washington st and the prices are pretty much the same. Less selection, so we would have to be proactive, but I dont think the local demand for the NDSU game will be as much as washington or washington state etc.
    Oregon uses dynamic pricing. So if demand is high, prices will go up on single game tickets.
    Looking good Billy Ray!

Quote Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
    Oregon uses dynamic pricing. So if demand is high, prices will go up on single game tickets.
    I think he is referring solely to the cost of getting an airbnb.
    College of Business Alumnus

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I think that would be ambitious just due to lack of availability. Autzen only holds 54,000 and Oregon isn't like the Goophers when it comes to fan apathy. It'll be the season opener on top of it. I'd guess 4-5k.
    Tops. Oregon has great attendance on any game day. I think it will be a harder ticket to get than most of the other FBS games we've played.
    Insert something clever here...

Regarding lodging for the game...

Autzen is in kind of a shitty location when it comes to parking and getting in and out of the area. It's on something of an island. It's bounded by freeways to the north and east and a river to the south and west. There isn't much parking near the stadium, so a big chunk of people walk or shuttle bus to the game. If you want the ultimate in convenience and are willing to pay, the hotels on south Coberg Road are where you'd want to stay. But there aren't that many and I imagine they'll be pricey as hell for a game day. Or an airbnb in the Harlow neighborhood would be just as convenient. I'd call it middle class to lower middle class. If you're willing to walk a lot, you could stay near Knight Arena and cross the river on a walking bridge. I'd say it's 1-2 miles depending on your hotel.

Another popular option is to stay near the Gateway Shoppes in the north end of town and grab a shuttle bus. The Gateway area is technically in Springfield, fyi(I-5 is mostly the dividing line between the cities). The hotels are in the north end of the Gateway area(at the intersection of I-5 and the beltline), and the shopping and eating places are in the southern section.

I'd say traffic overall in Eugene/Springfield is maybe a 4 or 5/10 for suckage. That's a combination of traffic volume and messed up roads. I'd peg Fargo as a 2 or 3/10 and Portland or MSP as 7 or 8/10 depending on the section, of course. Seattle maybe a 9/10.

If you don't like city driving at all and are just coming to see the game, stay in the Gateway area and catch a shuttle bus. It's perfect if you're coming in from Portland and still pretty easy if you're flying to Eugene direct. If you want to take in more of the city, stay closer to downtown, but prepare to sit in traffic sometimes and get very frustrated trying to get from A to B(Eugene has a ton of alternating one-ways downtown - both directions). Chain restaurants in the northern part of town, good restaurants sprinkled downtown. Good ethnic, crappy pizza.

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

how far away from Eugene was the Goonies filmed? or was that in Washington?

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    how far away from Eugene was the Goonies filmed? or was that in Washington?
    https://www.imdb.com/search/title?lo...f_=ttloc_loc_2

About 200 miles NW of Eugene, OR.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    FWIW, Animal House was filmed in Eugene.
    The sister of a coworker in Oregon was an extra in that movie. All she had to do was act passed out on a couch after one of the parties.
    It's OK to not be OK.

MontBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Tops. Oregon has great attendance on any game day. I think it will be a harder ticket to get than most of the other FBS games we've played.
    Assuming they have a reasonable record right? They didn’t have very good attendance 2 years ago....