Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cutting Edge - Who Would You Pick?

Default Re: The Cutting Edge - Who Would You Pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Heckendorf if only 25 seconds left.
    Loved that catch.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Loved that catch.
    Loved Scottie Miller doing the announcing even better on that play. No call will ever be better.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    The DRIVE against Kansas State with him taking it in. Considered the Greatest drive in NDSU history. Or him against GSU sprinting the field with turf toe and the flu and out running everyone.

Brock
    Irrelevant

Again, Wentz ACTUALLY DID what was asked to be debated here ....so.....

It’s like asking if you were down by 1 in Game 6 of the 1998 NBA Finals and needed one player in NBA history to take the game winning shot, who would it be and you tried saying Lebron James

Pretty crazy. Theyve all had their moments. But Ill go with Wentz.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Irrelevant

Again, Wentz ACTUALLY DID what was asked to be debated here ....so.....

It’s like asking if you were down by 1 in Game 6 of the 1998 NBA Finals and needed one player in NBA history to take the game winning shot, who would it be and you tried saying Lebron James
    I pick Brock. Why--because I put it in to context of how they go to the 20 and the endzone. Body of work who consistently was clutch. I pick Brock
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I’m not sure why there’s so much emphasis on what they did in small sample in a very narrow set of circumstances and so little on actual skill.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Just glad to see all three (four if we include, and should, Walker) actually accomplish something similar during their respective careers.

Walker against SHSU, Cal Poly and Cal Davis (?).
    Jensen against GSU (second SF game) and 2013 UNI game. KSU is also important.
    Wentz against SDSU in 2014 Playoffs and Illinois State in the Championship Game three games later.
    Stick against YSU in 2015, EWU and Iowa in 2016. I don't think Easton recovered physically from that Iowa game 100% until the next season.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Grab your pitchforks because here comes an unpopular opinion.

Brock is/was a classic case of the QB getting too much credit for the teams success. He peaked somewhere in his Sophomore year and made me nervous everytime he dropped back to pass after that. He was a good game manager and decent QB, but not great. 2012 Indiana St 2 pick 6's we lose 14-17. Mo State 3 picks and at halftime every single person on this board was calling for him to get benched and replaced with Carson. Going into '13 there wasn't a single person anywhere that believed he was the most talented QB on the team, and the percentage of people here who wanted him to be the starter at K-State was far less than 100.

He was involved in a lot of late game heroics, and again he was a good QB and game manager, but had he been a truly great QB some of the heroics likely wouldn't have been needed.

Carson was/is easily twice the QB Brock was, and Easton is somewhere in the middle.

The answer to this hypothetical is simple once you know what you really want. If you want the most talented all around QB who gives you the best chance to win Carson is the only option. If you want the nestolgic game manager who was involved with a lot of end game dramatics you take Brock, and if you want one in the middle who's got recency bias on his side take Easton.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

Nick Mertens
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?