Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: The Cutting Edge - Who Would You Pick?

Default Re: The Cutting Edge - Who Would You Pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    Paul Hatchett should be in this discussion of the great NDSU quarterbacks. Oop, went back and checked. He was a running back, not a QB. Me bad.

Thread drift, sorry. Paul Hatchett...… what a great Bison footballer; however, had he been playing in the past 10 to 15 years, his career at NDSU would have been short, very short. Back in the mid to late 60's , the media didn't take such an active interest in the off the field conduct of players. Or, they were asked not to.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Thread drift, sorry. Paul Hatchett...… what a great Bison footballer; however, had he been playing in the past 10 to 15 years, his career at NDSU would have been short, very short. Back in the mid to late 60's , the media didn't take such an active interest in the off the field conduct of players. Or, they were asked not to.
    It may have been. He was a suspect in a couple things, from what I understand, but he was not arrested.
    Sad story on how he 'disappeared' after his time at NDSU. He is probably the most high profile former Bison to fall so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffalo.Rider View Post
    It may have been. He was a suspect in a couple things, from what I understand, but he was not arrested.
    Sad story on how he 'disappeared' after his time at NDSU. He is probably the most high profile former Bison to fall so far.
    There is no doubt that he is the best Bison football player not to be in the Hall of Fame. His off-field difficulties cost him.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Enjoying the popcorn.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by KC Bison View Post
    Enjoying the popcorn.
    Yep - great trip down memory lane with all the comments!
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

A friend of mine just texted me and told me that he is interviewing an NDSU grad for a position and asked me if there is anything he should ask him. I told him to ask the cutting edge question in this thread. I also told him that if he doesn't know who Brock or Easton are not to hire him, also that if he answers with Steve Walker to hire him on the spot.

I'll keep you all posted with the results...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Plus you have to go to class and make notable progress towards a degree.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    A friend of mine just texted me and told me that he is interviewing an NDSU grad for a position and asked me if there is anything he should ask him. I told him to ask the cutting edge question in this thread. I also told him that if he doesn't know who Brock or Easton are not to hire him, also that if he answers with Steve Walker to hire him on the spot.

I'll keep you all posted with the results...
    He chose Wentz. Vanilla pick. Maybe the right pick.

Anyway, carry on...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    He chose Wentz,. Vanilla pick. Maybe the only pick.

Fixed it for you
    Some say it's a backward place. Narrow minds on a narrow way, but I make it a point to say. That that's where I come from.

I thought Doug Dorsey was a bold pick, but not the right one. There had to be some other choice than to go to the hockey world for a partner.