Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cutting Edge - Who Would You Pick?

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The Cutting Edge - Who Would You Pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    So you are taking the Kobayashi Maru solution to the dilemma?
    Nah, Brock is the ultimate Bison underdog(oxymoron?). I really don't get all the hate on the, now, second winningest QB in FCS history. Carson threw a bunch of INTs, fumbled the ball, lost games, missed open receivers, etc. Just like Brock and Easton did. Yet for some on here Carson is a god of football. A TEAM led by Brock would beat the same TEAM led by Carson....in my opinion.

Trey Lance.

The guy would house it from the 50 yard-line even with a botched snap.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Trey Lance.

The guy would house it from the 50 yard-line even with a botched snap.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    For which he was injured...
    For which they never would've been in the position they were in (home-field advantage) if it weren't for him.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Nah, Brock is the ultimate Bison underdog(oxymoron?). I really don't get all the hate on the, now, second winningest QB in FCS history. Carson threw a bunch of INTs, fumbled the ball, lost games, missed open receivers, etc. Just like Brock and Easton did. Yet for some on here Carson is a god of football. A TEAM led by Brock would beat the same TEAM led by Carson....in my opinion.
    Where is the "hate"? I think you are over zealous for your love of Brock. We all love all these players. They all were tremendous players and more importantly people. It's a stupid debate because they all are winners and they all did it their way. IMO Brock had the better TEAMS but I don't think he was a better QB or athlete than Carson or Easton.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    UNI comeback drive in the dome. That comeback drive was all Wentz. Deep out laser to Vraa on 4th Down. RJ in the turkey hole for a big chunk. Broken up pass across the middle to fullback Thor that was a dime. Perfect read and touch pass to the corner of the endzone to Shep. Think there was another pass to Vraa across the middle that I missed, but by now you get the picture.

That drive is the trump card. That's the drive that got Wentz picked #2 overall.

You could also argue that Stick failed to pull off a comeback drive against JMU in the semifinal.

Down 4 on their own 20, with 1:45 remaining. Watch Wentz go to work:

With Polacek calling plays to run up the middle ? You cant fault Stick. We were out coached tht game. Stick couldnt over come that.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    With Polacek calling plays to run up the middle ? You cant fault Stick. We were out coached tht game. Stick couldnt over come that.
    I did anticipate the play calling point would be brought up. I personally don't lay the blame for that loss at Easton's feet. Just pointing out it is one of the few examples where an NDSU team did fail to mount a 4th quarter comeback and Easton happened to be QB at the time.

NDSUSR is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

The obvious answer: We are spoiled beyond belief.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    We are the the most spoiled fanbase in all of sports. We get to watch a team dominate their division AND dominate the division above when they get to play the role of "underdogs". Seriously, what fanbase in the history of sports has enjoyed anything similar on the scale we have been afforded over the past decade? It's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUSR View Post
    This sums it up.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]