Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cutting Edge - Who Would You Pick?

Default Re: The Cutting Edge - Who Would You Pick?

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Unfortunately for Carson in this scenario, he's on the sideline with his arm in a sling, his knee in a brace and his thumb in a cast. Being able to stay healthy is a big part of being successful in sports. All things considered I'm taking the guy with three championship rings as starter.
    Well, Carson has 3 championship rings... it's just that one is a Super Bowl ring.

First of all, we win the game in every single scenario.

1. Jensen
    2. Walker
    3. Wentz
    4. Stick

Stick is only 4th because he had the fewest chances to demonstrate the come from behind mentality. Normally, he scrapped and scraped his ass off during the first 3 qtrs so we basically NEVER had to have a last minute drive. He showed it at IOWA in a BIG TIME game. so all indications show that he is completely effective in this, but I have to go with the other 3 simply on the premise that they HAD to do this multiple times and all three were MAGIC in those situations
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

This is a non debate. WTF even discuss it? Oh well....

The correct answer is Carson Wentz. Guy can beat you with his legs and his arm. Go back and rewatch the last 2 minutes of the 2015 UNI game and tell me Brock or Easton could have made some of those out throws to RJ or Vraa. Not happening, I'm sorry but those guys do not have the same arm talent, it's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    This is a non debate. WTF even discuss it? Oh well....

The correct answer is Carson Wentz. Guy can beat you with his legs and his arm. Go back and rewatch the last 2 minutes of the 2015 UNI game and tell me Brock or Easton could have made some of those out throws to RJ or Vraa. Not happening, I'm sorry but those guys do not have the same arm talent, it's a fact.
    That's why I just posted that comeback drive. 1:45 left, no timeouts, down 4 on their own 20 something, 4th and 7. Wentz drove down the field passing the entire way and left 35 seconds on the clock. Stick or Jensen could not do that. Period, end of discussion. Maybe they pull off a win a different way, but I doubt it. I'm a firm believe that without Wentz as QB for that drive, there is no way the Bison win that game. He was cutting up the UNI secondary like a thanksgiving day turkey.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Except for the fact that Wentz ACTUALLY DID what was asked in the hypothetical question.....so it is Wentz
    I'm surprised that no one seemed to mention this before now. That's exactly what I thought myself.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    That's why I just posted that comeback drive. 1:45 left, no timeouts, down 4 on their own 20 something, 4th and 7. Wentz drove down the field passing the entire way and left 35 seconds on the clock. Stick or Jensen could not do that. Period, end of discussion. Maybe they pull off a win a different way, but I doubt it. I'm a firm believe that without Wentz as QB for that drive, there is no way the Bison win that game. He was cutting up the UNI secondary like a thanksgiving day turkey.
    Yeah I posted before finishing the thread. Exactly right!

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    First of all, we win the game in every single scenario.

1. Jensen
    2. Walker
    3. Wentz
    4. Stick

Stick is only 4th because he had the fewest chances to demonstrate the come from behind mentality. Normally, he scrapped and scraped his ass off during the first 3 qtrs so we basically NEVER had to have a last minute drive. He showed it at IOWA in a BIG TIME game. so all indications show that he is completely effective in this, but I have to go with the other 3 simply on the premise that they HAD to do this multiple times and all three were MAGIC in those situations
    I watched the UNI ending again... and I have to eat crow. Strike my previous list from the record entirely.

1. Wentz - in 1:45 you have to have the biggest, most accurate arm. Wentz is that guy
    2. WALKER - Gunslinger- nuff said. Ice in his veins
    3. Jensen - If we start the 4th quarter down- I take Jensen over all the others honestly. Even though walker has an exemplary 4th qtr comeback resume. Lets face it, they all have virtually perfect 4th quarter resumes.
    4. Stick - same reason I stated abo
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Well, Carson has 3 championship rings... it's just that one is a Super Bowl ring.
    For which he was injured...

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    I watched the UNI ending again... and I have to eat crow. Strike my previous list from the record entirely.

1. Wentz - in 1:45 you have to have the biggest, most accurate arm. Wentz is that guy
    2. WALKER - Gunslinger- nuff said. Ice in his veins
    3. Jensen - If we start the 4th quarter down- I take Jensen over all the others honestly. Even though walker has an exemplary 4th qtr comeback resume. Lets face it, they all have virtually perfect 4th quarter resumes.
    4. Stick - same reason I stated abo
    This is a solid ranking with excellent reasoning. Under different scenarios I could see a different ranking, but with 1:45 left down 4 on your own 20... these are the traits you're looking for in a QB to lead the required comeback.

I don't like to live in the past. So I'm going with Trey Lance and Christian Watson.
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)