Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cutting Edge - Who Would You Pick?

Default Re: The Cutting Edge - Who Would You Pick?

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Didnt Wentz do it against Coastal Carolina as well?
    All of the scorings was over with 9 plus minutes left, 39-32.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    That's why I just posted that comeback drive. 1:45 left, no timeouts, down 4 on their own 20 something, 4th and 7. Wentz drove down the field passing the entire way and left 35 seconds on the clock. Stick or Jensen could not do that. Period, end of discussion. Maybe they pull off a win a different way, but I doubt it. I'm a firm believe that without Wentz as QB for that drive, there is no way the Bison win that game. He was cutting up the UNI secondary like a thanksgiving day turkey.
    How was Wentz the year before against UNI? He owed us one.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    No​...............
    That is why we are a unique kind of spoiled.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    If not for Urzendowski doing a circus catch on an under thrown ball we wouldnt have been on the 20. Just saying
    That was an underthrown go route so by design and the corner ended up falling down, it looked like he was trying to fake an offense PI. But on the flip side the throw before that to Crockett grazed his finger tips. Game of inches literally

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by I miss Chubs View Post
    Senior years

With 1:45 left on own 20 I like Wentz.

If it was 0:18 left Walker

If it was 8:13 Brock

If it was Easton we’d be up by 4, but woulda been nice to see them play at top 30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Walkers last career throw was a pick vs SDSU on a game winning drive. But he had many great ones before that.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    UNI comeback drive in the dome. That comeback drive was all Wentz. Deep out laser to Vraa on 4th Down. RJ in the turkey hole for a big chunk. Broken up pass across the middle to fullback Thor that was a dime. Perfect read and touch pass to the corner of the endzone to Shep. Think there was another pass to Vraa across the middle that I missed, but by now you get the picture.

That drive is the trump card. That's the drive that got Wentz picked #2 overall.

You could also argue that Stick failed to pull off a comeback drive against JMU in the semifinal.

Down 4 on their own 20, with 1:45 remaining. Watch Wentz go to work:

The senior bowl practices and the interviews is what nailed it and got him the #2.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    That was an underthrown go route so by design and the corner ended up falling down, it looked like he was trying to fake an offense PI. But on the flip side the throw before that to Crockett grazed his finger tips. Game of inches literally
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    The senior bowl practices and the interviews is what nailed it and got him the #2.
    You got me there. That drive is Wentz's most impressive college series though.

They should do a debate of Unit by Unit. Which OL, RB core, DLine? Good offseason debate.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Walkers last career throw was a pick vs SDSU on a game winning drive. But he had many great ones before that.
    What an embarrassment of riches. Not only the wins- but every QB in the recent stretch had some really fun and exciting comeback wins- brought a little different ability to the table. All that that win ability.

So good to be a Bison fan. Let’s argue hypotheticals over who would have won by more in this particular situation!

Give me Kevin Feeney and the ‘69 team around him and I’ll show you ‘85 Penn State with brown stomped through their white pants!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk