Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Cutting Edge - Who Would You Pick?

Default Re: The Cutting Edge - Who Would You Pick?

Not really a question of who, but how

Wanna win a comeback with a big QB run, pick Stick.
    Wanna win a comeback with a QB dropping NFL level dimes, pick Wentz.
    Wanna win a comeback with a soul grinding drive, pick Jensen.

In this specific example with 1:45 left on our own 20, I'm probably going with Wentz. This situation calls for the NFL arm.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

The choices seem so old. I'd give Trey Lance a shot at it.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Irrelevant

Again, Wentz ACTUALLY DID what was asked to be debated here ....so.....

It’s like asking if you were down by 1 in Game 6 of the 1998 NBA Finals and needed one player in NBA history to take the game winning shot, who would it be and you tried saying Lebron James
    You keep posting this like it is some sort of trump card (no politics intended). The drive could have very well ended differently if RJ had not bailed him out on an underthrown pass. More importantly, Wentz was the only one of the 3 to have the opportunity to replicate the scenario. It is not like the other two had the same circumstances and failed.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

I have to say...senior Easton Stick makes it real tough. Man...I just don't know. I guess I'm throwing out that scenario because Brock wouldn't have been in it. They would have taken care of business earlier and iced the game. They would have gotten the first downs to finish it off. Carson's team couldn't get those last 1st downs and gave other teams another opportunity. Brock would have won that season opener vs Montana. My top is Brock, then Easton, and then Carson. Brock was the best leader...got the absolute most out of his team as a whole. Carson's team leaned on him...not sure if that is his fault or the coaches.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Putting this here for entertainment purposes......and not argument.

Chicago Tribune HS Football Player of the Year, Steve Walker (Lockport, IL) leads his team 96 yards in 1 minute and 40 seconds to win and advance to the state title game in 2002.

He was magical all season and went on to become one of the all-time greats at NDSU.

The drive starts at 4:09 left in this video.

89MTBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Unfortunately for Carson in this scenario, he's on the sideline with his arm in a sling, his knee in a brace and his thumb in a cast. Being able to stay healthy is a big part of being successful in sports. All things considered I'm taking the guy with three championship rings as starter.

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    Except for the fact that Wentz ACTUALLY DID what was asked in the hypothetical question.....so it is Wentz
    I go with Wentz, Jensen close second...the will to win in the KState game, taking the air out of the ball over 8 minutes in front of hostile crowd...hard to pick between the two...Wentz just because it was Natty. The JMU natty game puts Stick in the conversation...just not in the top 2.

Of course I am old...so i could also go with Bentrim and Bison version of the Big Stick.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Putting this here for entertainment purposes......and not argument.

Chicago Tribune HS Football Player of the Year, Steve Walker (Lockport, IL) leads his team 96 yards in 1 minute and 40 seconds to win and advance to the state title game in 2002.

He was magical all season and went on to become one of the all-time greats at NDSU.

The drive starts at 4:09 left in this video.

Around the 1:40 mark... holy cow, they talk about Wentz being a gunslinger in Philadelphia, but, really, he's not... he's more methodical. Walker is the definition of gunslinger.

Quote Originally Posted by 89MTBISON View Post
    Unfortunately for Carson in this scenario, he's on the sideline with his arm in a sling, his knee in a brace and his thumb in a cast. Being able to stay healthy is a big part of being successful in sports. All things considered I'm taking the guy with three championship rings as starter.
    So you are taking the Kobayashi Maru solution to the dilemma?
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    You keep posting this like it is some sort of trump card (no politics intended). The drive could have very well ended differently if RJ had not bailed him out on an underthrown pass. More importantly, Wentz was the only one of the 3 to have the opportunity to replicate the scenario. It is not like the other two had the same circumstances and failed.
    UNI comeback drive in the dome. That comeback drive was all Wentz. Deep out laser to Vraa on 4th Down. RJ in the turkey hole for a big chunk. Broken up pass across the middle to fullback Thor that was a dime. Perfect read and touch pass to the corner of the endzone to Shep. Think there was another pass to Vraa across the middle that I missed, but by now you get the picture.

That drive is the trump card. That's the drive that got Wentz picked #2 overall.

You could also argue that Stick failed to pull off a comeback drive against JMU in the semifinal.

Down 4 on their own 20, with 1:45 remaining. Watch Wentz go to work:

Last edited by EC8CH; 05-03-2019 at 03:20 PM.