Thread: On the fence

Default On the fence

Have a 3 month project on Tucson. I live in Gilbert and unhappy with per diem. They have hotel and 70 bones per day. I say not driving down. What say you

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: On the fence

I used to travel the country for work, $50 a day per diem, that was in Airports, could blow the whole daily allotment at lunch with a layover....I still did it because I got paid well and enjoyed it

I assume your in Tucson M-F? If so that a pretty easy commute straight down an interstate

Default Re: On the fence

Quote Originally Posted by TBone View Post
    Have a 3 month project on Tucson. I live in Gilbert and unhappy with per diem. They have hotel and 70 bones per day. I say not driving down. What say you
    Don't know you or your job but for 3 months would the what is it 1 1/2-2 hour trip every day worthwhile? Assuming they still pay you $70 per diem... It would suck no doubt but "doable" I know a lot of construction guys that do this within this time range and only stay overnight if they had to stay late or weather gets bad. Leave morning @ 4:30 am and get home @7-7:30pm. That said they're likely well paid from the ones I've talked to that have done this. Not even sure they get per diem either.