Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Jory Collins is the new head coach!

Default Re: Jory Collins is the new head coach!

Strangely enough, it doesn't seem all the contract details have been worked out but....

It’s a certainty Collins will get a multi-year contract, Larsen said, but the days of six-year deals like Walseth got are over. “I don’t think you’ll ever see another six-year contract as long as I’m here,” he said.
    https://www.inforum.com/sports/baske...t-from-players
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Strangely enough, it doesn't seem all the contract details have been worked out but....

It’s a certainty Collins will get a multi-year contract, Larsen said, but the days of six-year deals like Walseth got are over. “I don’t think you’ll ever see another six-year contract as long as I’m here,” he said.

……..no more six year contracts...…… I like the sound of that.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    From what I read in a few articles on twitter yesterday I think he's a great hire and hopefully can get this thing turned around. He has a team first approach and seems to have a great enthusiasm for the game and for recruiting. As stated it can't get much worse but it's gonna take a couple years to get there, we only have 8 players right now which is problem one, hopefully he can find some talent
    And he has been on the phone, trying to locate at least 1 more, hopefully he will get a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post

Thank goodness he listened!

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Coach Collins and Brandon Schneider, head coach at Kansas are on Bison 1660 right now.

BlueKeyAlum is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DIBISON View Post
    Coach Collins and Brandon Schneider, head coach at Kansas are on Bison 1660 right now.
    Going to try and stay optimistic. Glad he has head coaching experience. Being an assistant at Kansas for one year does t mean a thing. That program sucks and unless Schneider has considerable time left on his contract or the school cares nothing about its women's team, he and his coaching staff will be pounding pavement next year.
    "I’m not familiar precisely with what I said, but I’ll stand by what I said, whatever it was.” --- Mitt Romney

"That which doesn't kill you, hurts." -- me

Quote Originally Posted by BlueKeyAlum View Post
    Going to try and stay optimistic. Glad he has head coaching experience. Being an assistant at Kansas for one year does t mean a thing. That program sucks and unless Schneider has considerable time left on his contract or the school cares nothing about its women's team, he and his coaching staff will be pounding pavement next year.
    Define “sucks” lol. We are hardly coming from a place to judge

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Liked what I heard from Collins. His predecessor seemed to lack ability to think critically and be self aware. Collins seems like he will have high standards and the ability adjust his thinking.

thanks Gene Taylor
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

I think Collins should hire Kayla Ard as an assistant. We should be able to give her a raise over Denver AND give her a Bison football season ticket. I heard the Denver football team sucks. They didn't win a game last year.