Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Thread: Jory Collins is the new head coach!

Default Re: Jory Collins is the new head coach!

Jaime Adams maiden name Jaime Berry.

533 In a row

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    Jaime Adams maiden name Jaime Berry.
    How do you feel on her being added to staff since she is one of us?
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Jamie Adams and Michaela Crall added as coaches to Womens basketball team.
    FARGO, N.D. – Head coach Jory Collins has announced the addition of Jaime Adams and Michaela Crall as assistant coaches to the North Dakota State women's basketball staff.

Adams returns to NDSU for her second stint with the program after spending four seasons from 2008-12 as an assistant coach. She also played at NDSU from 1997-01 and was a starter on the 2000 NCAA Division II national runner-up team. Adams earned 2001 Daktronics Division II All-America Third Team honors and was recently inducted into the Bison Athletic Hall of Fame in 2019.

Adams spent the last year as the athletic director, head varsity girls basketball coach and k-12 physical education teacher at Mohall Lansford Sherwood High School. She began her coaching career at South Dakota as a graduate assistant from 2006-08 and helped the Coyotes advance to the 2007-08 NCAA Division II National Championship game.

"Jaime is no stranger to NDSU," said Collins. "We're so excited to welcome her family back to Fargo. One of the greatest players in program history and a former assistant, it was a no brainer to get Jaime back to NDSU. I first met Jaime when she was inducted into the Bison Hall of Fame a couple years ago and really enjoyed her story. We've stayed in touch and it's always been easy to see her passion for this program and this place. She is a basketball junkie and has a great mind for the game. Everyone in our program will benefit from her presence. She has always been the ultimate competitor. It's going to be a lot of fun getting to work with her as we continue to build toward a championship program."

Crall comes to NDSU after spending last season at Dubuque as an assistant coach and helped the Spartans to their first 15-win season since 2014-15. She assisted with the development of Karsen Kershner, who was an American Rivers Conference First Team selection and Defensive Player of the Year.

Prior to Dubuque, Crall spent two seasons as the Director of Basketball Operations at Missouri State and two seasons at Northwest Missouri State as a graduate assistant and camp coordinator. She began her career as an undergraduate coach at Wisconsin. Crall also played for the Badgers for three seasons from 2013-16 before injuries cut her playing career short.

"We are extremely excited to add Michaela to our staff," said Collins. "She is going to bring a ton of energy and enthusiasm to NDSU women's basketball. Michaela has established herself as a tremendous relationship builder with people she has worked with, worked for, and the players she's coached. With all the changes in college athletics going on currently, finding someone who's personality and strengths align with the foundation we are building is very important. Michaela will be a tremendous asset to North Dakota State and our program."
    I love the hires.

Get a coach who was part of the good Bison culture. Wants to be here. Good skills being an athletic director, even if it's at the high-school level. Knows the region

Crall seems like a great hire too. Seems to be more in Jorys footprint he is familiar with

Well done coach

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I love the hires.

Get a coach who was part of the good Bison culture. Wants to be here. Good skills being an athletic director, even if it's at the high-school level. Knows the region

Crall seems like a great hire too. Seems to be more in Jorys footprint he is familiar with

Well done coach
    Hopeful this is how it goes. Enjoy seeing a coach with experience hired. Bison experience a plus!
    Was kinda hoping for an assistant with Minnesota roots to help with recruiting there. But perhaps one or both of the new hires do have connections in the Land of 10,000 Lakes……

Adams good call. Crall is a nobody. Good lord wtf is he thinking.

I love the hires.

Well done coach
    Your being sarcastic about crall. Yes? Our best pg ever at ndsu is coaching down the street at Mary. Unless Brooke didn’t apply this is ridiculous. If that’s the case then ok

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    Your being sarcastic about crall. Yes? Our best pg ever at ndsu is coaching down the street at Mary. Unless Brooke didn’t apply this is ridiculous. If that’s the case then ok
    Lamar was a great player, but does that always translate to a great coach? Besides she was taught by DeHoff IIRC

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    Adams good call. Crall is a nobody. Good lord wtf is he thinking.
    Crall was Director of Basketball Operations at Missouri State of the MVC.

Lamar was a great player, but does that always translate to a great coach? Besides she was taught by DeHoff IIRC
    Did you watch her play? Amazing pg, floor leader. Played 40 minutes without batting an eye she transferred on dehoffs last year. So I doubt she taught her anything. Trying to marginalize Brooke’s history with this program is shameful at best. Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t adams an assistant Under dehoff? So is that a slap at adams? You’re being dumb

Crall was Director of Basketball Operations at Missouri State of the MVC.
    Do you know what a dobo does? Schedule transportation hotels flights and meals. Oh and schedules gym time. They are not allowed to have anything to do with coaching