Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Jory Collins is the new head coach!

Default Re: Jory Collins is the new head coach!

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    I don't think this team needs to be coached by a sissy. These players don't need coddling. If they don;t want to work, and put in the time, then that's a problem. This isn't church league basketball
    Bingo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    I don't think this team needs to be coached by a sissy. These players don't need coddling. If they don;t want to work, and put in the time, then that's a problem. This isn't church league basketball
    Gino Auriemma doesn't seem like a real "cuddly" guy and UConn seems to win fairly regularly. Take the question in his last press conference about transfers, did he answer it in the best way? Probably not. But, the message was delivered loud and clear, his style isn't for everyone, but he isn't going to change his style. Rather, he will find players that want to win as badly as he does.

I'm not ready to give up on Jory yet. It could be that he isn't the answer but he was handed an absolute mess of a roster.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Elephants Dream? View Post
    Thank You Miss Dague for finally saying it out loud! Good for her.
    Now the admin can't pretend the problem doesn't exist.
    Lmfao oh that these girls can't handle hard coaching? Well it's probably a good thing they are leaving because they shit the bed this season. Jory needs to find players that can handle the pressure and compete with USD and SDSU, these girls obviously can't handle the coaching and intensity it's going to take to get this program to that level. Thank goodness our FB program doesn't coddle players. Those who stay will be champions!

Dehoff and Walseth coached with velvet gloves. You want to be like USD and SDSU you're going to need some intensity.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Dehoff and Walseth coached with velvet gloves. You want to be like USD and SDSU you're going to need some intensity.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL on a bullet train from Hillsboro.
    I think our BB teams are holding up our FBS transition.
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    That is a good take on the matter.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    This 100%.....and that's not saying this falls on Jory. Moreso referencing the train wreck of previous coaches.
    Last edited by KSBisonFan; 04-15-2022 at 02:23 PM.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Yep, you can't give up on him yet. The guy did amazing things with the mess he inherited. With that said, he has not yet gotten the buy in he is going to need. With all that said, he will live or die on recruiting.....

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Yep, you can't give up on him yet. The guy did amazing things with the mess he inherited. With that said, he has not yet gotten the buy in he is going to need. With all that said, he will live or die on recruiting.....
    I am still all in with Coach Collins, He needs to find the players that fit his system and the way we wants them to play. I truly believe he is the right person for the position.

I think he's 37-46, Some things interesting,
    * Yes, we still suck, but not as bad
    * Going into year four, this is his roster/recruits
    * Half the team bailed
    * Assistants bailed
    * Right now, the only way this gets better if the rest of the league gets worse
    * No closer to SD Teams than ever

Not sure what to make of this....