Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what teams that should leave FBS..

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: what teams that should leave FBS..

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    we are in the 3rd level. so they are lying to us.

P5
    G5
    FCS
    D2
    D3
    NCAA does not differentiate between P5 and G5. There is no reason, in theory, that a G5 team couldn't win a Dr. Pepper title if they somehow managed to put together the right schedule.

I mean we know you are effectively correct, which is why changes are probably needed. But so long as those G5 schools keep chasing that bowl money it's not likely things will change, regardless of how bad the actual financials look for the majority of G5.

I'd like to see NDSU move up too because we all know they can compete with anybody in the G5, but the funding and conference issues are pretty big hurdles with the potential to destroy not just Bison football but Bison athletics in general. I haven't been convinced they can overcome those hurdles.

cbline is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Pardon my ignorance, but allow me to ask a question. We sh*t all over UND for being a hockey school at the expense of their other sports. If NDSU moved to FBS football, would we become a football school at the expense of the other sports? Would the resources needed for FBS have a significantly negative impact in the rest of the athletic department? I'll hang up and listen to the answer. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by cbline View Post
    Pardon my ignorance, but allow me to ask a question. We sh*t all over UND for being a hockey school at the expense of their other sports. If NDSU moved to FBS football, would we become a football school at the expense of the other sports? Would the resources needed for FBS have a significantly negative impact in the rest of the athletic department? I'll hang up and listen to the answer. Thanks.
    This is the main problem G5 schools are experiencing, especially those in the MAC.
    Hail the BISON!!!

The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Some might suggest that it is already happening with NDSU based on the performance of the basketball program this year.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Some might suggest that it is already happening with NDSU based on the performance of the basketball program this year.
    WBB? Not funds, but an incompetent coach.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

NDSU moving to a FBS conference would ENHANCE all of our other sports.
    Basketball would be in a bigger conference and get millions in Big Dance credits, better scheduling.
    Track, Softball, Volleyball, Baseball and all other sports will play better competition and get even more opportunities at the NCAA level!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?