Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: NDSU football TV contract - Future

IndyBison is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU football TV contract - Future

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpster View Post
    Just commenting on Gabe talking about advertising as if it's the holy grail and I'm saying without it they wouldn't need the media timeouts. I know they won't actually go away.
    I was agreeing with you! They would definitely be done quicker.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpster View Post
    Imagine how great football games would be without so many media time-outs. They'd be done quicker too.
    Nobody is a fan of media timeouts and advertising. I love the playoffs because the flow of the game is so much better without hearing crap like "The Bison have entered the ABCX Bookstore Red Zone." But if you can't generate any revenue, the product will suffer. In a perfect world, we can cut the annoying ads while increasing revenue.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Nobody is a fan of media timeouts and advertising. I love the playoffs because the flow of the game is so much better without hearing crap like "The Bison have entered the ABCX Bookstore Red Zone." But if you can't generate any revenue, the product will suffer. In a perfect world, we can cut the annoying ads while increasing revenue.
    Get their media and do split screen. Ads in the lower corner and the game continues live...simple right ...

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    Get their media and do split screen. Ads in the lower corner and the game continues live...simple right ...
    AAF did the same thing. I didn't watch enough to know if it affected the viewing experience enough to be an issue. The difference with F1 (other racing leagues do the same thing) and soccer is they are continual sports with no natural breaks. If they didn't do this they would either never be able to take a break or they would have to break while live action was occurring.

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    AAF did the same thing. I didn't watch enough to know if it affected the viewing experience enough to be an issue. The difference with F1 (other racing leagues do the same thing) and soccer is they are continual sports with no natural breaks. If they didn't do this they would either never be able to take a break or they would have to break while live action was occurring.
    I watched several of the AAF games and liked the split screen during the commercial breaks. Also, thought that the no kick-off and the 4th and 12 rules were good ones. The league's problem was that the games for the most part were terribly boring. San Antonio actually drew a decent crowd though.
    I believe that NASCAR also uses the split screen.

I remember when WDAY radio used to sprinkle in short spoken advertisements right in the middle of the play by play......"Simdorn cuts it up at the 40 and falls forward to the 35 for a first down....a business with no sign is a sign of no business, check out Cook Sign Company and see what they can do for you". LOL

They also used to live interview players DURING THE GAME. I can't imagine that happening now.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uffda View Post
    I watched several of the AAF games and liked the split screen during the commercial breaks. Also, thought that the no kick-off and the 4th and 12 rules were good ones. The league's problem was that the games for the most part were terribly boring. San Antonio actually drew a decent crowd though.
    I believe most forms of auto racing do split screens. I know IndyCar does as well. That way if a crash happens while they are on a commercial break you can still see it.

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Gully View Post
    I remember when WDAY radio used to sprinkle in short spoken advertisements right in the middle of the play by play......"Simdorn cuts it up at the 40 and falls forward to the 35 for a first down....a business with no sign is a sign of no business, check out Cook Sign Company and see what they can do for you". LOL

They also used to live interview players DURING THE GAME. I can't imagine that happening now.
    Eddie Schultz was a master at those "during the play" ads!
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uffda View Post
    The leagues problem is they ran out of money before week 2. They had no intention of putting together a quality league im a short amount of time. Were hoping the nfl would buy them

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

in the future NDSU should stop ALL MIDCO contracts etc.

they have congratulated sdsu about 3-4 times on their social pages for the title. but never for NDSU in even 1 of the 9 years.

Boo Midco
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?