Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU football TV contract - Future

Default NDSU football TV contract - Future

Does anyone know when the next round of negotiations happen for TV broadcast rights for football? Only thing I can find is 3yr 1.2million for KVLY back in 2016.

Does WDAY have enough resources to produce the type of coverage bisonville demands?
    Do we continue on with KVLY and nitpick every moment like narcissists?
    KVRR?? No.

How about regional with Midco? Do things get challenging with distribution between a regional sports network and ESPN? (Does midco share with ESPN+ like KVLY does)

The NDSU football brand only gets stronger and more valuable as time goes on. What do we, as fans, want next with NDSU’s biggest and most valuable asset?

Default Re: NDSU football TV contract - Future

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofFargo View Post
    Does WDAY have enough resources to produce the type of coverage bisonville demands?
    Hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha..... No.

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofFargo View Post
    Do we continue on with KVLY and nitpick every moment like narcissists?
    When KVLY puts on a production like they did tonight it is hardly nitpicking "every moment like narcissists".
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We don't have the coin yet but taking the production in house is the future. Most P5's are doing this and the AAC's new contract mandates they produce the ESPN+ games in house. Nationally televised games are the exception. Liberty does an awesome job of this.

HELL NO to Midco. Midco can only be seen by 20% of the Fargo DMA. Broadcast is 100% and FREE TV. Wish Basketball was on a Broadcast channel or a .2 channel

KVLY sells a ton of advertising off NDSU without that, they'd be hurting even more than they are
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    We don't have the coin yet but taking the production in house is the future. Most P5's are doing this and the AAC's new contract mandates they produce the ESPN+ games in house. Nationally televised games are the exception. Liberty does an awesome job of this.
    If there is one thing Liberty is good for it’s learning lessons on how to monetize anything related to operating a University.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    HELL NO to Midco. Midco can only be seen by 20% of the Fargo DMA. Broadcast is 100% and FREE TV. Wish Basketball was on a Broadcast channel or a .2 channel

KVLY sells a ton of advertising off NDSU without that, they'd be hurting even more than they are
    5 years ago, Midco would have been good. But the direction the pay TV industry is going, that makes Midco the worst choice IMO. Thats why they offered some deal with PBS.

I think KXLY or WDAY are the best options. KVLY has put some good money into the production and is a 12 year partner, so that should put them in the lead IMO.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    5 years ago, Midco would have been good. But the direction the pay TV industry is going, that makes Midco the worst choice IMO. Thats why they offered some deal with PBS.

I think KXLY or WDAY are the best options. KVLY has put some good money into the production and is a 12 year partner, so that should put them in the lead IMO.
    I always thought WDAY wasn't evan an option because of ABC's contract with ESPN to air FBS football games on Saturday afternoons. Anybody know if that is fact or hearsay?

PS. I'm not sure why KVLY production can't figure out that they let the broadcasters make comments and do interviews WHILE they are showing you a picture of the action on the field. Unless NDSU deliberately told them not to show any action....?

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Kvly has its faults but some other schools are down right amateur hour. With that said you’d think kvly would eventually learn from their mistakes... then again. Maybe not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

Ignorance, right here and with Chapos post. Part of the Midco bid was to simulcast on PBS to be available to 100% of homes in ND.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk