Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: 2019 home baseball schedule

Default Re: 2019 home baseball schedule

17-24 D1 record in 2019
    22-24 D1 record in 2018
    28-25 D1 record in 2017 (5 wins vs Miss valley st/Central Conn state)
    24-25 D1 record in 2016
    18-31 D1 record in 2015

NDSU has 1 of the best D1 stadiums in NCAA and there are fans (used to get 1000+ for Gopher games in past)

sorry, but these records aren't really good...below .500 time for a change
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

WIU beat PFW today, so NDSU's season is officially over.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post

You can put me in the "Not-a-Fan" column when it comes to Tod Brown. I'd love to see what Jeff Ditch could do as the Head Coach of the baseball program.
    Damn, I'm Good!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    17-24 D1 record in 2019
    22-24 D1 record in 2018
    28-25 D1 record in 2017 (5 wins vs Miss valley st/Central Conn state)
    24-25 D1 record in 2016
    18-31 D1 record in 2015

NDSU has 1 of the best D1 stadiums in NCAA and there are fans (used to get 1000+ for Gopher games in past)

I'm starting to lean that way too.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I'm starting to lean that way too.
    Met a guy last year who pitched for Oakland U the last year they were in the Summit, he was really impressed with Newman Outdoor. It really is an impressive facility. On a somewhat related note, I found an old article a couple weeks ago that came out before the stadium opened. In the article it mentioned that in negotiations between the RedHawks, the city and NDSU, one sticking point from the University was that the infield had to be an artificial surface. I don't ever remember the infield being any different than it is currently, am I misremembering? Or did they come to a new agreement before it opened? Does anyone have any info on that?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

The infield was never an artificial surface. I don't know anything about the negotiations prior to construction. I do know that NDSU currently wants the entire field converted to artificial turf, but the Redhawks don't want it.

533 In a row

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by roadwarrior View Post
    The infield was never an artificial surface. I don't know anything about the negotiations prior to construction. I do know that NDSU currently wants the entire field converted to artificial turf, but the Redhawks don't want it.
    I guess my mind made up the negotiations part... https://www.ndsu.edu/pubweb/~rcollin...aits/beez.html

but it does mention having an artificial infield.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I wouldn't mind seeing artificial turf at Newman. I think Newman is a very nice ballpark, but has the worst field I've seen in a long time. Look at the edges of the grass and the walls, the upkeep is not keeping up. At the very least, a nice little makeover to touch up the edges, fences, and walls should be done. That would clean up the ballpark real nicely, then we can talk about it being in the top 50 of small ballparks.

I would love to see it all converted. Its needed in this state when you play in the spring

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    I would love to see it all converted. Its needed in this state when you play in the spring
    I am a fan of the combo field for college. Artificial infield, natural outfield.