Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A question on the FBS or P5 teames you have played

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: A question on the FBS or P5 teames you have played

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Massey thinks NDSU would have likely beaten EVERY G5 team, and all but about 25 FBS teams.
    Maybe so Pride.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBison View Post
    Is that on a 1-1 basis or if it was a season's play?
    Most likely a 1 on 1
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Arguably, one of the biggest problems that FCS teams have when facing FBS opponents is running out of gas in the 2nd half due to the lack of depth.

Perhaps my favorite "fun fact" of the 12 FBS opponents that the Bison have faced.....

Cumulatively, in the 4th quarter, NDSU outscored the 12 FBS opponents 69 to 27.

In 8 of the 12 games, FBS opponents were held scoreless in the final quarter. (1 of the 8 being Iowa)

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GSUsTALON View Post
    Maybe so Pride.
    You tell me. What do Massey rankings mean?

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    You tell me. What do Massey rankings mean?
    A computer stats guess based on last years states. As the 2019 season progresses the ratings change.
    Last edited by GSUsTALON; 04-18-2019 at 07:09 PM.

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    Arguably, one of the biggest problems that FCS teams have when facing FBS opponents is running out of gas in the 2nd half due to the lack of depth.

Perhaps my favorite "fun fact" of the 12 FBS opponents that the Bison have faced.....

In 8 of the 12 games, FBS opponents were held scoreless in the final quarter. (1 of the 8 being Iowa)

That is a powerful stat. Every once in a while I will engage in a game thread while your game is going on (like in the playoffs). Some are sure to panic because the game is still close at half-time. Never fails, you wear your opponent down in the second half.

And your depth is not mere numbers. The back-ups seem ready to play. Lots of P5 teams have depth, but it is largely raw talent and not true preparation. To the casual viewer, it is hard to tell who are your starters and who are your back-ups. One more reason to hate you guys.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    That is a powerful stat. Every once in a while I will engage in a game thread while your game is going on (like in the playoffs). Some are sure to panic because the game is still close at half-time. Never fails, you wear your opponent down in the second half.

And your depth is not mere numbers. The back-ups seem ready to play. Lots of P5 teams have depth, but it is largely raw talent and not true preparation. To the casual viewer, it is hard to tell who are your starters and who are your back-ups. One more reason to hate you guys.
    Very good observation about the Bison football team.

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post

Now thats a great stat!

The reason I placed this thread here was that I knew you have been very successful against G5 and P5 teams. I thought you played against the Gophers and wanted to see how you did & you beat them.

GSU Starts with LSU and the 3rd game is with the Gophers. At this pre season point GSU is a-14 point underdog with a 30-40% chance at beating the Gophers. You beating them gives me hope.

Your Attention Whore
    TALON

KC Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Please kick the Goofs.