View Poll Results: Who wins the pro/family member PNC this weekend?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Woods

0 0%
  • Team Daly

2 33.33%
  • Team Thomas

0 0%
  • Another team/none of the above

4 66.67%
Page 55 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters Golf and Any Other Miscellaneous Golf Discussion

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Masters Golf and Any Other Miscellaneous Golf Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Be prepared to collect lots of merch. It is ridiculously cheap. Beer is cheap. Food is cheap. Be prepared for lots of elevation change. Start walking some hills, it is much more hilly than the 2D cameras can show. You will need to stand in line overnight to get your chair(s) in the most prime spots.
    Merch is definitely not cheap. But concessions are. Plus you get a souvenir cup with almost every beverage you buy.
    Very accurate on the undulation of the property. You'll get a lot of steps in.

heckler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Be prepared to collect lots of merch. It is ridiculously cheap. Beer is cheap. Food is cheap. Be prepared for lots of elevation change. Start walking some hills, it is much more hilly than the 2D cameras can show. You will need to stand in line overnight to get your chair(s) in the most prime spots.
    We are going on Sunday so I am guessing the line will be crazy. What time would you get there?

Quote Originally Posted by heckler View Post
    We are going on Sunday so I am guessing the line will be crazy. What time would you get there?
    How long have you been trying to get tickets?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

That depends on where you want to put your chair. If you want to get it on 18 green at a level where you can actually see the final putt then get in line as soon as they shut the gates on Saturday. If however you would be happy to have your chair on the slope along 16, which will also allow you to see the green on 6 and 15 then you can get there right when the gates open on Sunday.

It will also depend on the leaderboard Saturday night. If we have a couple of popular heavyweights in the final one or two groups then you need to be in line earlier. If we happen to have an amateur in one of the final groups, fugetaboudit! Just sleep there!

Grandstand behind 12 tee box allows you to see approach shot on 11, entire play on 12, tee shot on 13 and if you are at the top maybe even some of the putting on 14.
    Grandstand next to 14 tee box allows you to see that tee shot, approach and putting on 13, tee shot on 16 if you are at the top plus maybe some putts on 15. Also, concession stand very nearby.
    Grandstand on 15 allows you to see that approach there and most of 16.

I walked the course quite a bit and was placed on 11 in the "elbow" of the dogleg where most tee shots were landing when Tiger landed his right next to me. I was within feet as he threaded that sucker through the trees and down to 11 green.

Take a good look at the course map and plan your strategy. Place your chair where you want to watch a bunch of action, like that slope on 16 and then plan to walk the front nine or something early in the day. Then you can migrate up to 18 for the final groups. It is going to be a challenge to get your chair in a great spot at 18 because the ground surrounding it has a decreasing slope the further you get back. If you are not in the first four or five rows you aren't going to see much of the action on the green itself.

As you probably already know, your best chance of seeing somebody make history and being in amongst the roar is highest at 11,12,13,15,16,18. Nobody is going to win the tournament on holes like 10, 14 and 17 but they sure can lose it there. As always, keep in mind: drive for show, putt for dough.

Ignore abc123 regarding merch prices. There is precisely one place in the entire world where you can buy official Masters logo swag and they don't sell online. They could charge anything they wanted to for it. And they don't. He is right about the beverage cups though. When I went in 2011 $3.75 bought you a darkish import beer in a commemorative plastic cup. I would guess it was Bass Ale or similar. I use those cups every day. I still have all of them.
    Pimento Cheese sandwich? $1.50 as I recall. Yeah, it's a thing. All the sandwiches are wrapped in green plastic so if one escapes it will not show up on the broadcast.

You're going to have a GREAT time. Enjoy Mecca!!! Excited for you!
    Don't believe everything you think.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Ignore abc123 regarding merch prices. There is precisely one place in the entire world where you can buy official Masters logo swag and they don't sell online. They could charge anything they wanted to for it. And they don't.
    $100 for a 1/4 zip and $30-40 for a t-shirt or hat is a pretty good starting point on merchandise and it goes up from there.
    Zero arguments on they can charge what they want but it's in line or slightly above what you'd pay at any other event. You just can't get it anywhere else so there isn't an issue in paying the prices.
    Whereas the concessions literally are cheaper, probably 1/3 or less of what you'd pay anywhere else.
    Not saying it isn't worth it, I've spent more money than I'd like to admit the multiple times I've been. I just wouldn't use the word cheap to describe the merch "tent".

3 years I believe, which is ridiculous /purple font.

3 years I believe, which is ridiculous /purple font.
    Its been about that long long for us as well. Hopefully we can get some soon. I see you are going on Sunday. Heck weve put in for practice rounds and havent got in.
    What did you request?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Its been about that long long for us as well. Hopefully we can get some soon. I see you are going on Sunday. Heck weve put in for practice rounds and havent got in.
    What did you request?
    I just requested 2 for Saturday or Sunday.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

I’m getting the impression that Phil Mickelson is not very good at gambling.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie