View Poll Results: Who wins the pro/family member PNC this weekend?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Woods

0 0%
  • Team Daly

2 33.33%
  • Team Thomas

0 0%
  • Another team/none of the above

4 66.67%
Page 53 of 64 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters Golf and Any Other Miscellaneous Golf Discussion

Default Re: Masters Golf and Any Other Miscellaneous Golf Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Everybody has to use their own judgment, of course. I'm judging the PGA to be money-grubbing liars and hypocrites who I don't want to associate or support in any way. That's not the same as judging the people who remain golf fans.

I mean, NFL owners are worse in some ways, but I don't think less of people who still follow the NFL.
    Well, tony, they didn’t kill a journalist in an embassy, that we know of… and we all know that THAT is the official line in the sand (not necessarily middle-eastern) that is totally not arbitrary at all…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    None of whatever it is you’re implying about some people maybe connected to something somewhere is even remotely equivalent to what we know for sure about a country murdering a journalist inside an embassy.
    You’re asserting an arbitrary line again, in case you didn’t catch my sarcasm in the post above…

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    You’re asserting an arbitrary line again, in case you didn’t catch my sarcasm in the post above…
    So what then it’s either all ok or none of it is? Seems like those are the only two options in your view as any attempt to separate anything from “I don’t care for his cologne” to “murderous autocrat” is apparently arbitrary?
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

So what then it’s either all ok or none of it is? Seems like those are the only two options in your view as any attempt to separate anything from “I don’t care for his cologne” to “murderous autocrat” is apparently arbitrary?
    Morality is a bitch eh

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Morality is a bitch eh
    Seems like perhaps a hard definition of arbitrariness is the wrong measuring stick.

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

In actuality the world we live in is quite gray. Every four years we hold this contest for the top public job in the land and various contestants puff out their chests and blather on about how, once elected, they will correct this injustice or that one. Eventually a first timer wins and on the very next January 20th (or 21st) assumes the mantle of power. Then, he/she gets to read the PDB for the very first time. It must be quite sobering.
    Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    In actuality the world we live in is quite gray. Every four years we hold this contest for the top public job in the land and various contestants puff out their chests and blather on about how, once elected, they will correct this injustice or that one. Eventually a first timer wins and on the very next January 20th (or 21st) assumes the mantle of power. Then, he/she gets to read the PDB for the very first time. It must be quite sobering.
    Three of the last 4 were sober long before they ever saw a daily brief.

Seems like perhaps a hard definition of arbitrariness is the wrong measuring stick.
    So, we’re changing definitions of words now? That might be a sign for me to stop having this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I dunno. I heard that one part of the deal is that all loopers now have to carry prayer rugs in the bag and when that call comes out over the PA system there will be a stoppage of play for prostration to the east.
    I must spread rep, apparently… this post was brilliant. Sorry I didn’t mention it sooner.

Moving Day at the US Open!

https://www.usopen.com/2023/scoring.html
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 06-19-2023 at 08:24 AM.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.