View Poll Results: Who wins the pro/family member PNC this weekend?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Woods

0 0%
  • Team Daly

2 33.33%
  • Team Thomas

0 0%
  • Another team/none of the above

4 66.67%
Page 36 of 64 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters Golf and Any Other Miscellaneous Golf Discussion

Default Masters Golf and Any Other Miscellaneous Golf Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    Thanks. I was watching today and it just seemed the
    Players always look nicely dressed. Of course they are on tv and golf is a gentle person sport, but there’s always that one person…

They say the smaller the ball, the more civilized the sport. Ok, maybe.
    Golf is very civilized by design. Until the Ryder Cup. Then it gets marginally closer to regular sport because nationalism.

Addition to the dress code thing is that most all of the pro players have sponsors who have their logos plastered on the players attire. Of course those sponsors wish for that attire to be presentable. This tournament includes a number of amateurs (at the start at least) and naturally they have no sponsors and no free clothing.

There are also amateurs theoretically at any other “Open” competition as well as definitively by invitation at The Masters. As true fans we are all looking for the day when an amateur competitor captures one of these major titles. Should that occur it will be a massive day in sport. Books and movies will abound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk no
    Don't believe everything you think.

Default Re: Masters Golf and Any Other Miscellaneous Golf Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Golf is very civilized by design. Until the Ryder Cup. Then it gets marginally closer to regular sport because nationalism.

Addition to the dress code thing is that most all of the pro players have sponsors who have their logos plastered on the players attire. Of course those sponsors wish for that attire to be presentable. This tournament includes a number of amateurs (at the start at least) and naturally they have no sponsors and no free clothing.

There are also amateurs theoretically at any other “Open” competition as well as definitively by invitation at The Masters. As true fans we are all looking for the day when an amateur competitor captures one of these major titles. Should that occur it will be a massive day in sport. Books and movies will abound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk no
    An amateur at the Masters, US Open, or The Open Championship, as well as a club pro winning the PGA Championship, would disrupt the golf world in a fantastic way and I hope it happens in my lifetime.

Back to the original topic… the US Open is normally the most raucous of all the golf majors, or just golf tournaments in general. Possible exception of the Phoenix Open, but there it’s more relegated to 1 hole…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

My father in law played with Fuzzy Zeller (sp?) in the Oxy Chemical Pro Am at pebble beach and they won the tournament. It was may 17, 1988. I remember the date because our son was born that day. 2nd place was $5000 dollars. What was first place? A gigantic bottle of wine. That bottle sits in the sons dinning room. Probably very expensive salad dressing.
    I have watched golf ever since and regret not learning to play.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

My father in law played with Fuzzy Zeller (sp?) in the Oxy Chemical Pro Am at pebble beach and they won the tournament. It was may 17, 1988. I remember the date because our son was born that day. 2nd place was $5000 dollars. What was first place? A gigantic bottle of wine. That bottle sits in the sons dinning room. Probably very expensive salad dressing.
    Never too late! If you’re a bit of a masochist it’s definitely the game for you. Best way to maximize your diet of frustration and aggravation that I can think of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s a great story.

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

In watching the last round of the USGA men's open, I have never seen an utter collapse like Bryson Dechambeau. It was painful to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    In watching the last round of the USGA men's open, I have never seen an utter collapse like Bryson Dechambeau. It was painful to watch.
    I rather enjoyed it. #TeamKoepka

Default Masters Golf and Any Other Miscellaneous Golf Discussion

Oh I don’t know. Greg Norman comes to mind. How about these more modern fails?

https://www.golfdigest.com/gallery/photos-major-blowups

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I remember Greg Norman's and Jordan Spieth 's collapse but Bryson's was so sudden and out of control. Wild thrashing at the ball. He hit shots that I didn't think a pro would ever hit. I must be bad luck as I am a fan of all 3 of these golfers.

I remember Greg Norman's and Jordan Spieth 's collapse but Bryson's was so sudden and out of control. Wild thrashing at the ball. He hit shots that I didn't think a pro would ever hit. I must be bad luck as I am a fan of all 3 of these golfers.
    <:-0