View Poll Results: Who wins the pro/family member PNC this weekend?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Woods

0 0%
  • Team Daly

2 33.33%
  • Team Thomas

0 0%
  • Another team/none of the above

4 66.67%
Page 31 of 64 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters Golf and Any Other Miscellaneous Golf Discussion

Default Re: Masters Golf and Any Other Miscellaneous Golf Discussion

Why does it feel like Golf Channel is dissing on Mickleson? Or are they just trying to set up what they think will not be a win he can get?

And Justin Leonard critiquing Phil? Umm, go lay by your dish.

Rooting for Lefty tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Why does it feel like Golf Channel is dissing on Mickleson? Or are they just trying to set up what they think will not be a win he can get?

Rooting for lefty too. Hope he gets it done.

Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    It’s niche bullshit. They should play more courses like the ones we play.
    Oh. You want to see some -100 scores do you?

Don't believe everything you think.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Oh. You want to see some -100 scores do you?

I seems like every time you turn around some is calling for a rules official, grappling with a plugged lie, or taking a drop. The USGA has the market cornered on protecting par. The PGA should do their own thing. There’s nothing wrong with -14 winning a major.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    I seems like every time you turn around some is calling for a rules official, grappling with a plugged lie, or taking a drop. The USGA has the market cornered on protecting par. The PGA should do their own thing. There’s nothing wrong with -14 winning a major.
    I completely agree and it really isn't that rare. But letting these elite players play course like we play as Heff suggests would result in some really silly scores. I say give them a test that is appropriate for their skill sets. I really enjoy seeing these guys make shots that I could not execute in 100 tries. Under pressure to boot.

All that said, it really would be nice to see the world #1 and #2 play on the weekend. You know, there used to be a day when you could absolutely count on #1...

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I completely agree and it really isn't that rare. But letting these elite players play course like we play as Heff suggests would result in some really silly scores. I say give them a test that is appropriate for their skill sets. I really enjoy seeing these guys make shots that I could not execute in 100 tries. Under pressure to boot.

All that said, it really would be nice to see the world #1 and #2 play on the weekend. You know, there used to be a day when you could absolutely count on #1...
    I’m talking more about style of course than difficulty of course. This is an argument in course architecture and design than anything. Look at Augusta. One of the hardest holes on the course is the iconic 12th, a 140-160 yard par 3 with water in front and a couple bunkers.

I’m just saying golf should be a fair test for all skill levels with tee box length being the key differentiator (along with handicap).
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post

I did not catch this but it sounds stupid. Rootin for Phil.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Rootin' for the field today. Never been a fan of Phil.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

I’m talking more about style of course than difficulty of course. This is an argument in course architecture and design than anything. Look at Augusta. One of the hardest holes on the course is the iconic 12th, a 140-160 yard par 3 with water in front and a couple bunkers.

I’m just saying golf should be a fair test for all skill levels with tee box length being the key differentiator (along with handicap).
    If the greens at Augusta were anywhere else the players would be in open revolt over how unfair it was.

Sandy waste areas are a staple of virtually every course in the desert southwest. It would be irresponsible to do anything else at this point for both environmental and monetary reasons. I’m not sure why we need those kind of waste areas in a seaside or lakeside setting though and Dye is hardly a designer of low impact golf courses so I can get on board with those sorts of critiques. I just don’t agree with the notion that he’s responsible for the club grounding rule modification.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

I see ya and generally agree. I don't think length is the only differentiator though. There are numerous things they can do with setup to alter the course challenge. For example I had a friend who was a member of Hazeltine and I played that course once just after the US Open was there. For sure the greens were difficult as they are designed to be. But they weren't like putting on glass like they were for the pros. It was possible to get an approach to stick. Sometimes.

Whatcha think about Donald Ross designs? How about Pinehurst #2? Classic, like Augusta. Tough. And speaking of Augusta those elite players make it look playable. But having been there and seeing those slopes on those greens I can tell you that even if they a metering at 10 or less for the members us mortals would be carding some high scores.

Anyway - to each their own. Pete Dye sure was involved in the design of a whole bunch of courses. I enjoy watching the variety of challenges for these elite players. I doubt they are going to commonly criticize publicly but I think they will for the PGA. I haven't seen anybody calling the course unfair.

The one kind of style I really do dislike is the target course where they don't allow you to see the damn target. Deacon's Lodge in Brainerd comes to mind.