Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Hockey to NDSU thread

Default Get Hockey to NDSU thread

NDSU needs hockey

1. Mid major basketball is make the tourney every 3 or 4 years type deal. Plus, in our region, hockey draws better.

2. Title IX would be a problem. Women's hockey is a huge drain. However, if you took the difference between mens and womens hockey vs mens and womens hockey. I"d think hockey would be more profitable.

3. Niche sport. It's true, but we live in the middle of hockey country. So who cares, its not like NDSU regular season games are ever on ESPN.

4. Could Scheels arena house both Force and NDSU hockey

5. This is all the $70ish million question.

6. It seems stupid we have wrestling and baseball, but not hockey.

Default Re: Get Hockey to NDSU thread

no thanks...

There's a reason we don't have hockies but I can't remember why that is...
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by mgbison View Post
    NDSU needs hockey

1. Mid major basketball is make the tourney every 3 or 4 years type deal. Plus, in our region, hockey draws better.

2. Title IX would be a problem. Women's hockey is a huge drain. However, if you took the difference between mens and womens hockey vs mens and womens hockey. I"d think hockey would be more profitable.

3. Niche sport. It's true, but we live in the middle of hockey country. So who cares, its not like NDSU regular season games are ever on ESPN.

It seems stupid to you. NDSU obviously feels different.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by StL Bison Fan View Post
    There's a reason we don't have hockies but I can't remember why that is...
    One reason is that lot of us don't give a s*** about hockey.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

So hockey would make a tourney ever big assumption....would have to out recruit a lot of proven programs...
    Hockey is a much higher input cost then Basketball so assuming a higher profit is a stretch
    Hockey regular season wouldn't be on ESPN either sorry
    It seems stupid people keep bringing up hockey

NDSU needs hockey

Why does NDSU "need" hockey? Nowhere in your post did you backup that statement. Ndsu does not need hockey. /thread.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

LOL Wut?? Difference would be 0. Not sure what sport you were comparing to hockey, but likely no. If it didn't take a lot of money why did you put it at $70 million question then?

Successful troll is successful.
    Sent from somewhere on teh intarwebs.
    OFFICIAL BISONVILLE SPONSOR OF:
    Tatanka™ brand humor. Gary Bettman's incompetence. The process of recommending a task force to recommend a process to be suggested to another task force, and of meetings called to discuss future meetings. The 21.3% of teh university students that, unlike Tatanka, are online-only, and the 15+% that never step foot in North Dakota. And hating Detroit...
    Proud member of TOHBTC and NDSU Team Makers.