View Poll Results: Who wins the pro/family member PNC this weekend?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Woods

0 0%
  • Team Daly

2 33.33%
  • Team Thomas

0 0%
  • Another team/none of the above

4 66.67%
Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters Golf and Any Other Miscellaneous Golf Discussion

Default Re: Masters Golf and Any Other Miscellaneous Golf Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by bstark28 View Post
    Besides his Augusta invite, also got himself full, exempt tour status for the next two years, along with invites to other "higher end" tourneys along the way...kid should have announced that he was turning pro right after he signed his card.
    Maybe these days he needs to see what LIV is offering first.
    Don't believe everything you think.

For the spring fever golfers out there, an event at US Bank Stadium in Feb

https://www.usbankstadium.com/events/detail/upper-deck-golf

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Maybe these days he needs to see what LIV is offering first.
    From Inquirer Golf: (Article says that Rahm is still looking to fill out his “team” GreenfieldBison).

NICK DUNLAP WITHDRAWS FROM FARMERS TO PONDER FUTURE

Nick Dunlap has withdrawn from this week's Farmers Insurance Open to return home and ponder his future.
    The announcement came less than 24 hours after the 20-year-old became the first amateur to win a PGA Tour event since Phil Mickelson in 1991.
    Dunlap also rose 4,061 spots to No. 68 in the Official World Golf Ranking, the biggest jump in the ranking's history.
    "After a life-changing last 24 hours, I've decided to withdraw from the Farmers Insurance Open," Dunlap said in an announcement released by the PGA Tour on Monday. "I plan to return home to Alabama to be with family, friends and teammates. Thank you to Farmers Insurance and American Express for giving me these opportunities."
    Dunlap beat South Africa's Christiaan Bezuidenhout by a shot on Sunday to claim The American Express in La Quinta, Calif. In the process, he joined Mickelson (1991 Northern Telecom Open) and Scott Verplank (1985 Western Open) as only the third amateur to win on tour since 1957.
    As an amateur, Dunlap was ineligible to claim the $1.512 million winner's check. He is now eligible for PGA Tour membership and to enter all seven of the PGA Tour's remaining signature events in 2024.
    However, the Alabama sophomore would need to turn pro in order to claim prize money at those events. The prospect of going from a sponsors invite at the AmEx to professional golfer in a matter of weeks was not something Dunlap was willing to tackle immediately following Sunday's round.
    "If you would have said, 'Hey, in five days you're going to have a PGA Tour card or an opportunity (to be exempt) for two years,' I would have looked at you sideways," he said. "It's a conversation I need to have with a lot of people before I make that decision."
    Dunlap is returning home to Alabama to soak in his historic victory and have those conversations about his future.
    Could that include a massive offer from LIV Golf? Jon Rahm, the 2023 winner of the AmEx who signed with LIV last month, is still looking to fill out his new team. Another headline-stealing signing like Dunlap would be the latest public relations coup by the Saudi-backed league.
    "Such an impressive performance by Nick Dunlap. Congratulations on an incredible win. This is just the beginning," Mickelson posted on X on Sunday.
    Dunlap is the second-youngest PGA Tour winner in 90 years, behind Jordan Spieth's win at the 2013 John Deere Classic as a 19-year-old. He also the first amateur to win the U.S. Junior and the U.S. Amateur since Tiger Woods.
    "I would say I have had a little bit of experience leading golf tournaments, but nothing to this extent," Dunlap said after draining a six-foot putt to win Sunday. "Obviously, the PGA Tour's extremely different. So that whole process was different for me, and whether it had turned out the way I was looking or not, I was just going to try to learn from it.
    "As a kid, you kind of whack it around all over the putting green and every putt's for a chance to win, whether that's a PGA Tour event, the Masters, the U.S. Open. And to have that putt, I took a little bit longer than I normally might, and just take in the moment and nothing's for granted. I may not ever have that chance again, and I just want to embrace it."

PHOTO: Nick Dunlap hugs his mother, Charlene, after winning The American Express at Pete Dye Stadium Course on January 21, 2024 in La Quinta, California.

Philippine Daily Inquirer wires/Reuters story, Agence France Presse photo

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    From Inquirer Golf: (Article says that Rahm is still looking to fill out his “team” GreenfieldBison).

NICK DUNLAP WITHDRAWS FROM FARMERS TO PONDER FUTURE

Nick Dunlap has withdrawn from this week's Farmers Insurance Open to return home and ponder his future.
    The announcement came less than 24 hours after the 20-year-old became the first amateur to win a PGA Tour event since Phil Mickelson in 1991.
    Dunlap also rose 4,061 spots to No. 68 in the Official World Golf Ranking, the biggest jump in the ranking's history.
    "After a life-changing last 24 hours, I've decided to withdraw from the Farmers Insurance Open," Dunlap said in an announcement released by the PGA Tour on Monday. "I plan to return home to Alabama to be with family, friends and teammates. Thank you to Farmers Insurance and American Express for giving me these opportunities."
    Dunlap beat South Africa's Christiaan Bezuidenhout by a shot on Sunday to claim The American Express in La Quinta, Calif. In the process, he joined Mickelson (1991 Northern Telecom Open) and Scott Verplank (1985 Western Open) as only the third amateur to win on tour since 1957.
    As an amateur, Dunlap was ineligible to claim the $1.512 million winner's check. He is now eligible for PGA Tour membership and to enter all seven of the PGA Tour's remaining signature events in 2024.
    However, the Alabama sophomore would need to turn pro in order to claim prize money at those events. The prospect of going from a sponsors invite at the AmEx to professional golfer in a matter of weeks was not something Dunlap was willing to tackle immediately following Sunday's round.
    "If you would have said, 'Hey, in five days you're going to have a PGA Tour card or an opportunity (to be exempt) for two years,' I would have looked at you sideways," he said. "It's a conversation I need to have with a lot of people before I make that decision."
    Dunlap is returning home to Alabama to soak in his historic victory and have those conversations about his future.
    Could that include a massive offer from LIV Golf? Jon Rahm, the 2023 winner of the AmEx who signed with LIV last month, is still looking to fill out his new team. Another headline-stealing signing like Dunlap would be the latest public relations coup by the Saudi-backed league.
    "Such an impressive performance by Nick Dunlap. Congratulations on an incredible win. This is just the beginning," Mickelson posted on X on Sunday.
    Dunlap is the second-youngest PGA Tour winner in 90 years, behind Jordan Spieth's win at the 2013 John Deere Classic as a 19-year-old. He also the first amateur to win the U.S. Junior and the U.S. Amateur since Tiger Woods.
    "I would say I have had a little bit of experience leading golf tournaments, but nothing to this extent," Dunlap said after draining a six-foot putt to win Sunday. "Obviously, the PGA Tour's extremely different. So that whole process was different for me, and whether it had turned out the way I was looking or not, I was just going to try to learn from it.
    "As a kid, you kind of whack it around all over the putting green and every putt's for a chance to win, whether that's a PGA Tour event, the Masters, the U.S. Open. And to have that putt, I took a little bit longer than I normally might, and just take in the moment and nothing's for granted. I may not ever have that chance again, and I just want to embrace it."

PHOTO: Nick Dunlap hugs his mother, Charlene, after winning The American Express at Pete Dye Stadium Course on January 21, 2024 in La Quinta, California.

Philippine Daily Inquirer wires/Reuters story, Agence France Presse photo
    Whichever way he decides to go, please, please, please Nick, play Augusta as an amateur. Just this once.

Is the PGA Tour becoming the farm team for LIV Golf?

Is the PGA Tour becoming the farm team for LIV Golf?
    Nope, it is not. It seems that the PGA Tour is about to get a major infusion of capital (USD $3B) from a new investor group (SSG.) According to The Athletic article it will become an "employee owned" kind of venture.

Whichever way he decides to go, please, please, please Nick, play Augusta as an amateur. Just this once.
    He went with joining the tour Greenfield, which is what I would have told him to do. 4 over for his first pro round. Learning curve time. I think he’ll pass this test also though.

Tom Hoge is at 1 under in the 80 player field, which is just one of big changes for this event. Long gone are the days of the Bing Crosby Clam Bake and the Bob Hope. Progress I guess.

https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/...d/player/35450

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Tom Hoge moving up the board and now sits T10 and just four off the lead! Tom shot six under today and birdied every one of the par 5s!

https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/...d/player/52955

GoTom…GoBison!!

Wyndham Clark just carded 60 for the all time record at Pebble. Tom Hoge is holding tough at T10 on Moving Day!

https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/...d/player/52955

Go Wyndham…GoTom…GoBison!!!

Tom Hoge just had an all-around great putt! He now is T8 with hole 18 to play.

GoTom…GoBison!!

https://www.pgatour.com/leaderboard

https://tourcast.pgatour.com/tourcas...le=18&gv=false