Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MIAC trying to force out St Thomas

Default Re: MIAC trying to force out St Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Seriously. Someone give me a solid argument for having a D1 Summit school in the cities.

You think Vinnie Shahid would be at NDSU if this were the case?
    Thats of concern???
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    So now you're scared of them being competition?
    For hoops recruiting, yes. Not unlike Augie but worse for NDSU, IMO. I see the cities as an untapped D1 recruiting ground that we’re just getting our heads into, but maybe I’m wrong here.

I’m sure I’d get used to it, but I think it's a bit of a reach. Of course if their long-term goal is MVC, it happens anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Thats of concern???
    Yes, getting players like that to come to NDSU and stay is a concern for me. Just using him as an example.
    Last edited by WhoRepsTheLurker; 04-06-2019 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison bison View Post
    So now you're scared of them being competition?
    'Scared' is the wrong word. 'Concerned' is more accurate, and I'm surprised more NDSU fans wouldn't have the same view. Is that your school or something?

D1 hoops at UST would have a pretty high ceiling, IMO. Throw in D1 hockey and you never know. Plus they have much more control over their own destiny as a private, and you have to seize destiny by the throat to succeed in this business.

You guys shouldn't underestimate the power of being in the cities.

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

'Scared' is the wrong word. 'Concerned' is more accurate, and I'm surprised more NDSU fans wouldn't have the same view. Is that your school or something?

D1 hoops at UST would have a pretty high ceiling, IMO. Throw in D1 hockey and you never know. Plus they have much more control over their own destiny as a private, and you have to seize destiny by the throat to succeed in this business.

What did they "outclass the conference in?" I don't they don't win in football, that is St. Johns.

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    What did they "outclass the conference in?" I don't they don't win in football, that is St. Johns.
    B57BE947-141E-434A-B7FF-1262C3BF3973.jpgB57BE947-141E-434A-B7FF-1262C3BF3973.jpg

This iB57BE947-141E-434A-B7FF-1262C3BF3973.jpgs what I found

Perhaps a reason to up our program .... just a thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Perhaps a reason to up our program .... just a thought.
    Like I said above, UST to D1 is a bit of a stretch, at least right now IMO. I was responding to the sentiment that it would be something NDSU would want. Whether it would be good for the Summit is a different question, but still pretty speculative at this point.

I disagree with the sentiment that NDSU has proven all it can at the FCS level. A dynasty always has something to prove, and the day it stops feeling that way is the day the era ends. However, I do think this is a great time for NDSU to build up hoops.

People need to keep in mind that NDSU is in a unique geographical position. CO and MN both have close to 6M people, but CO has 5 D1 programs (3 FBS!!!) and MN has 1. This has surely been a benefit to us, whether folks like to admit it or not.

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Wink Re: MIAC trying to force out St Thomas

Like I said above, UST to D1 is a bit of a stretch, at least right now IMO. I was responding to the sentiment that it would be something NDSU would want. Whether it would be good for the Summit is a different question, but still pretty speculative at this point.

I disagree with the sentiment that NDSU has proven all it can at the FCS level. A dynasty always has something to prove, and the day it stops feeling that way is the day the era ends. However, I do think this is a great time for NDSU to build up hoops.

People need to keep in mind that NDSU is in a unique geographical position. CO and MN both have close to 6M people, but CO has 5 D1 programs (3 FBS!!!) and MN has 1. This has surely been a benefit to us, whether folks like to admit it or not.
    I would argue that Minnesota has 1.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

kab1one is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

seems like more of a womens issue than a men's.

https://www.miacathletics.com/about/...petition/index

With a high school senior that visited both schools in the past year, I always viewed St. Thomas as the place that was happening. (this was the impression I had living in the cities as well), but upon visiting St. John's and listening to the alumni involvement in the school, the ticket sales and attendance for the St. John's / St. Thomas football games (about 3 to 1 st. johns), I asked the question "why is st. Thomas perceived as the better or more advanced school?" Best answer I heard. Big Marketing budget promoting themselves which is true. With a couple of high profile donors and the down town Minneapolis and St. Paul locations. It gets the Minneapolis media exposure, that the other schools do not.

In the process of choosing a college, the alumni came out from St. Johns to promote their school. Didn't hear much from St. Thomas.

So I find the fact St. Thomas is viewed this way as somewhat overblown.