Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: MIAC trying to force out St Thomas

Default Re: MIAC trying to force out St Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Is St. Thomas fan support as high as they are given credit for? The reason I ask and this is a somewhat specific example, but the St. Thomas and St. Johns games at Target Field and Allianz Staduim this fall. A super majority (More than 60%) of tickets were sold to Johnnies fans. The game this fall, St. Johns sold their allotment and i don't know if St. Thomas ever did. In February St. thomas still had seats. Johnnies did not.

While living in the cities I always had the impression the St. Thomas was bigger and better. After touring both schools with a high school senior, St. Johns presented a much larger global picture or where it is, its alumni base and fan bases. I asked the question why is St. Thomas perceived to be the leader. the answer. Marketing. They spend more to attract more.

Now not saying there is anything wrong with this and many people and company's do the same, but is St. Thomas perceived better because they sell it to the outside world better, but not retain the alumni interest in the process?

Thanks
    Does St. Thomas call itself "The flagship of the MIAC?
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

how long until that nut job UND fan has them going DI and joining UND in an FBS WAC conference with half the Big Fluffy??
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    how long until that nut job UND fan has them going DI and joining UND in an FBS WAC conference with half the Big Fluffy??
    He's currently pushing the theory that St. Thomas is actually behind this. They want to move up but feel their fanbase will get more energized by being forced up. The other MIAC presidents are doing this at the secret request of St. Thomas's. Apparently it's the only thing that makes sense. (touch of sarcasm there)

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    He's currently pushing the theory that St. Thomas is actually behind this. They want to move up but feel their fanbase will get more energized by being forced up. The other MIAC presidents are doing this at the secret request of St. Thomas's. Apparently it's the only thing that makes sense. (touch of sarcasm there)
    wow........
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

UST be like...

Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

Wow... in the words of Dan Hawkins the rest of the MIAC should just "go play intramurals brother".

Fuck the MIAC. I hope their conference goes to shit and fans stop going to the games. This means presidents supported the move. What a bunch of losers.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

With the Undies joining the MVFC, I hope this doesn't give them any ideas.

I know Kolpack said they should go DI but man they have all sports including hockey.. Could they afford it?