Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: MIAC trying to force out St Thomas

Default Re: MIAC trying to force out St Thomas

can someone remove this academia crap and focus on the MIAC

concordia is the swing vote for st thomas. Terry Horan says Keep em, the President & big donor's say boot em.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    can someone remove this academia crap and focus on the MIAC

concordia is the swing vote for st thomas. Terry Horan says Keep em, the President & big donor's say boot em.
    Do we have a vote? No.

So whats the purpose of having to focus on something that doesnt involve us?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Anyone can start their own law firm if you pass the bar and are an attorney. All you need is an office, a computer, and some good marketing and business skills. I'm sure a Minnesota grad will get a slightly better education but it's not the main indicator of success. Although working for someone will teach you how to run a business

Actually, this is not possible in most states because you have to have a law degree from an ABA-recognized academic institution in order to take the bar exam. Nice little cartel the law schools have built for themselves.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by CyPanth View Post
    Actually, this is not possible in most states because you have to have a law degree from an ABA-recognized academic institution in order to take the bar exam. Nice little cartel the law schools have built for themselves.
    Kim Kardashian is giving the middle finger to that cartel: https://fee.org/articles/kim-kardash...nd-law-school/
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Kim Kardashian is giving the middle finger to that cartel: https://fee.org/articles/kim-kardash...nd-law-school/
    Kim Kardashian is an idiot. Rich but still an idiot.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

My cousin and went to NDSU and then UND Law school. He doesn't want to move from the area. He owns his own small practice (but a very busy one) and he has a non flashy office with limited expenses and seemingly works non stop. He's got so much business he's thinking of bring in a partner. Assuming he bills smack dab in the $200-500 per hour attorney range, he probably makes 200K in 3 months. In his case a Harvard education wouldn't do much being in fargo but if you want to go work for someone elsewhere I'm sure it's valuable. More than 1 way to skin a cat. Either way if you need to make more than he's making, you have a serious small dick issue
    Do lawyers really make this much? I have no idea.

If they do, hard to fault them for going to UN- law. (God it hurts to say that).

CyPanth is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Fortunately for Kardashian, California is one of four states that allow you to take the bar exam without having a degree from an ABA school. They used to be the only one.
    "You should host seminars on how to behave on opposing fan forums. Charge a pretty penny toward that Bison tailgating rig. " from Milkman 1/6/2016

Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post

If they do, hard to fault them for going to UN- law. (God it hurts to say that).
    Yes but that technically includes your overhead and some expenses as well so not all of it goes to their personal wallet... But once CAS gets out of the doghouse he can let us know.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

My cousin and went to NDSU and then UND Law school. He doesn't want to move from the area. He owns his own small practice (but a very busy one) and he has a non flashy office with limited expenses and seemingly works non stop. He's got so much business he's thinking of bring in a partner. Assuming he bills smack dab in the $200-500 per hour attorney range, he probably makes 200K in 3 months. In his case a Harvard education wouldn't do much being in fargo but if you want to go work for someone elsewhere I'm sure it's valuable. More than 1 way to skin a cat. Either way if you need to make more than he's making, you have a serious small dick issue
    Quote Originally Posted by Son of a Bison View Post

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Yes but that technically includes your overhead and some expenses as well so not all of it goes to their personal wallet... But once CAS gets out of the doghouse he can let us know.
    Let's use Gabe's numbers for his cousin as an example just on straight revenue. Let's say he bills at $350/hour, which is possible in the F/M market but I think is probably on the higher end for a solo practice around here. In order for him to produce $200K in 3 months (let's use 12 weeks), he would need to bill out 572 hours. That works out to almost 48 billable hours per week.

Now those are just 48 billable hours per week where actual work is being done for a client. There are additional hours involved with running his business that will suck up a lot time that are not billed -- IT issues, cold-calls from vendors, phone calls from prospective clients, paying bills, getting/reading the mail (which is still a thing with attorneys), "freebie" advice given to close friends and family, banking activities, actually billing your time and sending invoices to clients, collecting on delinquent invoices, continuing legal education which is mandatory in every state you are licensed in...I think you get the picture. Now throw in an hour lunch, running a personal errand here or there, taking a vacation day, etc. You are looking at some very long days/week -- a 60-70 hour work week would not be uncommon to average 48 billable hours per week.

It's attainable, but a lot of work. God Bless America.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

My dick is all about business.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."