Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: MIAC trying to force out St Thomas

Default Re: MIAC trying to force out St Thomas

I've read on another board full of Tommy people that is the exact angle they are taking. Given the involuntary nature of their removal from the conference they may try petitioning the NCAA to transition directly to D1. You know that puts them directly on the Summit League's radar. Would be beneficial for both conferences. College hockey needs D1 schools, so there would be support there for them to join the WCHA. Pioneer for football. Heck, with FCS Non-scholarship Pioneer football I think they could still play St. John's every year too.

Quote Originally Posted by ndsu92 View Post
    what are their options in d2? Nsic or i assume some d2 wisco conference? Too lazy to look
    d2 - nsic
    d3 - wiac

moosbah is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Yote 53 View Post
    d2 - nsic
    d3 - wiac
    WIAC makes the most sense to me. Very competitive for football, etc. and they can stay DIII.
    Sioux SUCK! It just has a nice ring to it.

R.I.P. CLC
    5/13/2012

Minnesota with more than one DI school? I'm not sure if that will happen, but we'll see.....
    Hail the BISON!!!

once UND starts whining about NDSU killing them, they will call USD, UNI, SDSU and ask for NDSU to be removed from the Missouri Valley. #BOOKIT !
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    What are their options in D2? NSIC or I assume some D2 wisco conference? Too lazy to look
    NSIC but if I was UST I would try to pressure the NCAA to let them go straight to DI. It worked with Liberty and the FBS, it may work for them. The Summit could and should take up their cause.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by moosbah View Post
    WIAC makes the most sense to me. Very competitive for football, etc. and they can stay DIII.
    I don't think it makes a lot of sense for UST, a private school in a conference of all UW public schools. Kind of a bizarre fit.

Without the MIAC I don't know why they would want to remain in DIII.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Moen View Post
    Minnesota with more than one DI school? I'm not sure if that will happen, but we'll see.....
    The State has no say in what St. Thomas does. The fact there is only 1 D1 in Minnesota is a good incentive for St. Thomas to make the jump. They could really position themselves well for the future. This goes beyond athletics. Look at what is going on in higher education. What is the value of a degree from a small liberal arts college vs. a degree in business, law, medicine, STEM? Too many recent grad working at Starbucks with massive student loan debt. Recent HS grads (meaning their parents) are getting wiser about the ROI of a college degree. The major matters. How much debt you incur matters. Sometimes it can be more beneficial to go to a tech/trade school and start off a technical career at $70k with zero debt than it is to have a degree from a liberal arts college with $50k+ in debt.

St. Thomas has an opportunity to position themselves for the future at this point.

Shit. St Thomas should petition for the Missouri Valley with their private school voting sector, they'd be a shoe in & they'd leap all of the summit schools
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    With the Undies joining the MVFC, I hope this doesn't give them any ideas.
    Can we swap UND for UST?