Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Deng Geu Transfer?

Default Re: Deng Geu Transfer?

Deng could also transfer to Utah State or Wright State both Nagy and Smith recruited him.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Wish Deng nothing but the best. Dave never gave him a fair shake IMO, too bad he wasted 4 years of talent. That's been kind of typical of DR's regime, very frustrating that he can't seem to develop these guys better. Still makes me worried going forward with this young team under his tutelage.

Hate to see him go from a depth perspective as he was an adequate option to provide bench minutes in the post. Coach DR always harps this program is built on retention and development. Well, he lost another player that clearly did not develop as he should have. Sucks to lose probably the best year we were going to get out of him. Geu had potential but was a toothpick in the post. Was hoping he would be motivated this off season, live in the gym/weight room, and add another 10-15 lbs and earn his minutes the old fashioned way instead of the millennial give me...give me...give me method. The 2nd half of the season DG was completely lost in the sauce. He had no consistency, made bad decisions, lead the team with turnovers/pm by a wide margin, and defensive footwork and effort was atrocious . I think to many people on here were starry eyed with his monster dunks and a breakout game every once in a while. I thought he should have played a little more just given his rebounding impact but can definitely see why he wasn't seeing the floor as much as he and most of us would have liked to have seen. Interesting to see where he ends up and how he performs wherever he lands. Good luck to the kid, hopefully his next coach can put him in a role better suited for him, squeeze some effort, and instill better decision making in him.

What a young man graduated in 4... Hats off deng.... Good luck on future endeavors this team didn't win in the summit league tourney or beat nccu because of deng we are still a deep and now experienced team! Let's go Bison!

Getting your seniors to transfer isnt a good formula. Honestly I was high on him early but was kind of disappointing in the 2nd half of the year. Didnt make a huge impact and his game was one dimensional as in hes get the ball in the post and get it stripped or turn it over. Outside of a few huge dunks, not enough to make a series impact. He might do better in a different system but hes kind of a tweener... not the thick body type for inside but not an elite shooter. Either way good luck to the young man. Kid hasn't even played basketball for very long.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Best of luck to him and I am very happy to see him Graduate. That is a the reason the kids come to NDSU. The degree will be with him for the rest of his life.

I hope he can take the next step at the next spot he lands at. Mainly cutting down on the turnovers. The game just seemed fast for him at times.
    The numbers support that.

Geu had a 1 TO for every 10 min played

Ward 14 min played
    Hunter 16 min played
    Rocky 17 min played
    Griesel 19 min played
    Shahid 21 min played
    Eady 29 min played
    Quayle 30 min played
    Samuelson 59 min played
    Here's the thing with that stat. How much does Quayle and Samuelson have the ball when they are on the court? Quayle hardly ever has it, it's like a hot potato for him, plus he sucks. Samuelson is a spot shooter and defender. He hardly has the ball either unless he is shooting a 3. This is one of those misleading stats IMO. Not saying Deng didn't turn it over too much at times but that's going to happen when you are working down low. Is what it is, sometimes you have to deal with some TO's to put points on the board too.

Oh my.....short on bigs again.

It would be so fabulous if Wilson grows another inch or two.

Sad to see him go but glad he’ll be leaving with a degree and some great memories. Hope he doesn’t go to SDSU or USD. Good luck, Deng!!

Going to SDSU? lol

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Best of luck to him and I am very happy to see him Graduate. That is a the reason the kids come to NDSU. The degree will be with him for the rest of his life.

I hope he can take the next step at the next spot he lands at. Mainly cutting down on the turnovers. The game just seemed fast for him at times.
    The numbers support that.

Geu had a 1 TO for every 10 min played

Ward 14 min played
    Hunter 16 min played
    Rocky 17 min played
    Griesel 19 min played
    Shahid 21 min played
    Eady 29 min played
    Quayle 30 min played
    Samuelson 59 min played
    Better stat is Turnover%, where he is still near the top.

Griesel 17.8%
    Quayle 17.8%
    Geu 17.3%
    Knotek 16.4%
    Hunter 16.1%

(for bigger version, go to Advanced section in below link)
    https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...tate/2019.html

Untitled picture.jpg