Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Deng Geu Transfer?

Default Re: Deng Geu Transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    Exactly. He seems inclined to accept doing well in the Summit. I want NDSU to be seen as a top tier mid major, and eventually, have a chance at a sweet 16. I thought Dave maybe learned after how he used Ward in the tourney last year and supported the contract extension. Then, last night, I see the same old chuck 3 pointers and hope for the best bull shit. He needs to do better than that. You will never win a P5 game that way, unless you get crazy lucky.
    You know how people say break out the checkbook in the fbs threAds ..... we’ll breakout the checkbook
    Start helping pay for chartered flights for the team on the road those kind of things
    I mean who do you want to be like
    Gonzaga we need another 7 million in the budget
    Dayton we need another 4 million in the budget
    Wanna be like northern iowa... we need almost double the budget
    Fuck Denver’s budget is 1 million more the ours
    https://www.midmajormadness.com/2018...zaga-mid-major

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    You know how people say break out the checkbook in the fbs threAds ..... we’ll breakout the checkbook
    Start helping pay for chartered flights for the team on the road those kind of things
    https://www.midmajormadness.com/2018...zaga-mid-major
    Yep. Kmart budget you get a Kmart ceiling.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    https://www.midmajormadness.com/2018/6/11/17441968/ncaa-revenue-expense-statistics-college-basketball-2016-gonzaga-mid-major

What is the biggest difference between us and UNI? Sure they buy a few more homes I guess but really it is coaches salary and you gotta have a coach worth paying that big fat salary to and that is something we don't have. Dave has tons to prove, UNI's program wasn't all that different from our own not too long ago. Then they found the right coach and paid him an amount that kept him there.

I think socalled summed things up well.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Yep. Kmart budget you get a Kmart ceiling.
    Not sure two guys named Tim and Saul concur with that. They had far less and made so much more out of it.

We have lost something as a program. We have become focused on the Summit and just getting to the dance. Being a typical mid-low major....instead of something that was pretty damn unique and special.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    What is the biggest difference between us and UNI? Sure they buy a few more homes I guess but really it is coaches salary and you gotta have a coach worth paying that big fat salary to and that is something we don't have. Dave has tons to prove, UNI's program wasn't all that different from our own not too long ago. Then they found the right coach and paid him an amount that kept him there.

I think socalled summed things up well.
    It's not just the head coaching salary. Why do people always try to point to that? Who has more one-on-one time with the players? The head coach or the position coach? Who teaches and evaluates the drills? The head coach or the assistants? Percentage-wise, who does more of the recruiting evaluation? I don't care if you've got a fantastic head coach, if you can't surround him with quality assistants and keep them long enough to connect with the players, you're not going to have sustained success. NDSU FB paying their assistant coaches in the 90+ percentile of FCS is a huuuuge reason for their dominance.

The other big place the money goes is into buying decent home games. I'm not sure if you are one of the people complaining loudly every year about the bad home schedule, but good home schedules cost money; money the NDSU MBB program doesn't have.

And then there's the smaller stuff like recruiting budgets. I don't know if MBB gets treated the same way as FB, but we can look to Stig's comments about SDSU vs NDSU. When he was comparing the two, he said it makes a difference that we can fly in recruits and pay for their hotels on official visits, while the families have to pay their own way to get to Brookings for their official visits there. Does NDSU basketball get the same type of recruiting budget as NDSU football? Somehow I doubt it. That's another difference between NDSU and the bigger money MBB programs.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Not sure two guys named Tim and Saul concur with that. They had far less and made so much more out of it.

We have lost something as a program. We have become focused on the Summit and just getting to the dance. Being a typical mid-low major....instead of something that was pretty damn unique and special.
    Tim Miles had 2 unbelievable wins, and a whole lot of D1 averageness. His D1 record was 27-32, and other than a sprinkled lower level P5 teams outside Wisconsin and Marquette, played some of the worse D1 teams in college. The program was hyped with Miles here because of 2 outstanding wins that 99% of small majors never experience, and 1 exceptional class that wasn't really built on recruiting afterwards. It certainly wasn't hyped on record won loss success.

Saul Phillips had a really good run, he won the conference 2x, he finished 3rd twice, and had 3 average to below average Summit league teams. He capitalized on a really strong recruiting class and a win in the tournament with Oklahoma. His team in his final year was really good. It was also the same team everyone was saying Phillips needed to be fired a year before for underachieving and finishing 3rd in the conference. Before his final 2 years, he was basically a .500 record coach in D1 the 3 years leading up to it, and nobody was happy for him.

The "unique" and "special" everyone talks about with NDSU basketball is basically summed up in 3 wins in a 10 year span.

Wow, I just noticed UND puts more money into their basketball program than NDSU does.

LMAO #buttfootball

need a head coach that will be aggressive and push the admin, etc.
    dave is just happy to be there, he's got his 12th year gravy train goin. let leave the ndsu program stuff in the other thread

Deng Geu on CBS Sports vs #15 Utah State tomorrow at 5pm
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    It's not just the head coaching salary. Why do people always try to point to that? Who has more one-on-one time with the players? The head coach or the position coach? Who teaches and evaluates the drills? The head coach or the assistants? Percentage-wise, who does more of the recruiting evaluation? I don't care if you've got a fantastic head coach, if you can't surround him with quality assistants and keep them long enough to connect with the players, you're not going to have sustained success. NDSU FB paying their assistant coaches in the 90+ percentile of FCS is a huuuuge reason for their dominance.

The other big place the money goes is into buying decent home games. I'm not sure if you are one of the people complaining loudly every year about the bad home schedule, but good home schedules cost money; money the NDSU MBB program doesn't have.

And then there's the smaller stuff like recruiting budgets. I don't know if MBB gets treated the same way as FB, but we can look to Stig's comments about SDSU vs NDSU. When he was comparing the two, he said it makes a difference that we can fly in recruits and pay for their hotels on official visits, while the families have to pay their own way to get to Brookings for their official visits there. Does NDSU basketball get the same type of recruiting budget as NDSU football? Somehow I doubt it. That's another difference between NDSU and the bigger money MBB programs.
    Well Hammer are you going to the pay assistant coach as much as Richman? I also do completely disagree, basketball isn't football. The head coach is so much more important, they spend way more time with the players. Have a much bigger impact on everything. That is why if you find a good head coach in MBB, you pay him and pay him big otherwise somebody else will. If you do pay a head coach $400-500k, you are going to be paying your assistants at a higher level as well.

I did mention home games in regards to UNI but I don't complain about the schedule ever. Considering we have brought in players from Florida to Oregon I think we can recruit where we need. That said the lions share of our recruiting is going to be in our region. We need to be recruiting MN better, I agree with Lakes on that.

Say what you want NDSU doesn’t put the money into basketball to the level... that we can do more then compete for a bid to dance every few years...
    I’m not the biggest richman fan.... but he has won at a greater clip then Saul or Tim
    So.... he obviously is pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Tim Miles had 2 unbelievable wins, and a whole lot of D1 averageness. His D1 record was 27-32, and other than a sprinkled lower level P5 teams outside Wisconsin and Marquette, played some of the worse D1 teams in college. The program was hyped with Miles here because of 2 outstanding wins that 99% of small majors never experience, and 1 exceptional class that wasn't really built on recruiting afterwards. It certainly wasn't hyped on record won loss success.

Saul Phillips had a really good run, he won the conference 2x, he finished 3rd twice, and had 3 average to below average Summit league teams. He capitalized on a really strong recruiting class and a win in the tournament with Oklahoma. His team in his final year was really good. It was also the same team everyone was saying Phillips needed to be fired a year before for underachieving and finishing 3rd in the conference. Before his final 2 years, he was basically a .500 record coach in D1 the 3 years leading up to it, and nobody was happy for him.

The "unique" and "special" everyone talks about with NDSU basketball is basically summed up in 3 wins in a 10 year span.

Wow, I just noticed UND puts more money into their basketball program than NDSU does.

LMAO #buttfootball
    Tim Miles had a fantastic team in his final year here, fucking fantastic with Andre Smith who was one of the best big men this program has had. That team beat Marquette and played right with some really good teams but they never had a shot to prove anything which sucked. Tim did something that was basically impossible and that was win when nobody else does. Just loook at SDSU, they were a complete trainwreck trying to make the transition and that program was a DII power.

Saul's entire last year here was special, the team had a top 30 RPI. It was one of the best teams in Summit League history. The only people that wanted him gone, were clueless. We had a pretty good team the year before but our best player did kind of break his foot. Saul had to completely rebuild after going to the dance with Woodside and Co, the cupboards were completely bare because the program had went all in on one year.

If you think UND puts more into MBB you are drunk. We pay our coaches more, we charter flights, we have a better facility and it goes on and on. UND MBB lives in their hockey programs closet. It is kind of sad.