Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Deng Geu Transfer?

Default Re: Deng Geu Transfer?

Im not seeing the "not a good fit" mantra.

Deng Geu, Deng Geu very much.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    If Deng wasn't happy here, he was right to leave. I want kids that want to be here and the last half of the season it seemed like something was off with him.

Of course like we saw with some other players that have left, the grass isn't necessarily going to be greener somewhere else.
    Exactly, for whatever reason he is gone...next man up.

i highly doubt kids at our level of hoops have "advisers" sounds like the same cop out as when kybellis left 2 me

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    i highly doubt kids at our level of hoops have "advisers" sounds like the same cop out as when kybellis left 2 me
    Khy was a California kid who had a desire to get closer to home, probably thought some bigger schools may give him a look but none the less was able to get a lot closer to family and friends. Since leaving NDSU he has already transferred again, leaving Pacific to go to UC Riverside. Not sure its worked out as well as Khy would have hoped. Hopefully he can have a strong final season.

They all do they are called aau coaches crooked racket
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post

From checking North Texas's website. They are losing a 6'1 senior guard. They play really small ball. They play a 4 out / 1 in style with basically 4 guards 6'4 and under. They have one 6'10 big guy that has started the last two years going to be a Junior. It is funny if i had to guess but his role with their team will be almost exactly the same as our team backing up their big guy.
    Last edited by blackdiamond2; 05-03-2019 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Khy was a California kid who had a desire to get closer to home, probably thought some bigger schools may give him a look but none the less was able to get a lot closer to family and friends. Since leaving NDSU he has already transferred again, leaving Pacific to go to UC Riverside. Not sure its worked out as well as Khy would have hoped. Hopefully he can have a strong final season.
    i remember the reason he transfered being "advisors" in his ear at the time, my question regarding these so called "advisors"---------did they initially "advise" these kids to come play in fargo? or do these "advisors" start "advising" after they arrive in here? we have had several "pro" players come thru the progrum, did they have "advisors" telling them to transfer to and they just chose not to? the whole thing sounds like total bullshit to me is what im getting at and a cop out to save face on richmans so called "culture"

So, here we are the day after a P5 blood bath where Dave's disdain for posts basically cost the team any chance they had to win. We needed Deng for a game like that, yet he was never fully developed and now has left the program. So, very frustrating. Someone explain to me why we haven't had a good, solid post for both offense and defense since Marshall? (I respect Rocky for defense, but he is not a post on offense.)

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    So, here we are the day after a P5 blood bath where Dave's disdain for posts basically cost the team any chance they had to win. We needed Deng for a game like that, yet he was never fully developed and now has left the program. So, very frustrating. Someone explain to me why we haven't had a good, solid post for both offense and defense since Marshall? (I respect Rocky for defense, but he is not a post on offense.)
    Because good offensive post players are hard to find at the mid-major level. You don't find Marshall Bjorklunds that don't have a pile of good mid-major and/or P5 offers. However, Richman is now on his 5th recruiting class that has suited up for the Bison and he's missed badly on a lot of big guys so it most definitely an area he has failed in and needs to improve. But I'm not convinced Geu would've made that big of a difference last night... he certainly wouldn't have made up for the 13 point margin. You don't need a post presence anymore in the college game to be a good offensive team. Sure, it's great to have but it's a heck of a lot easier to recruit great shooting and/or great penetrating guards at this level.

Keep in mind the '08/'09 team didn't have a really good back to the basket post player either and they did just fine. Winkelman got his points on threes and off the bounce going to the hoop. Woodside made that team go with his dribble penetration and the shooters like Winkelman, Nelson, and Tviedt made that a really good offensive team. This team has that same makeup except they're even better shooting the three although they don't have a Ben Woodside either (even though I think Shahid is a pretty good alternative).