Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Deng Geu Transfer?

Default Re: Deng Geu Transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    He also just left his team. So there is that.
    Yes and I don't know why. All the games I watched him play here never saw him play selfishly.

I've accepted transfers are a part of basketball at the level and wish him no ill will unless I learn his exit is less than gracious.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A very important fact that is ignored by some!

As has already been addressed, I wonder why? I hope him the best and he lands on a team that will utilize him correctly.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    As has already been addressed, I wonder why? I hope him the best and he lands on a team that will utilize him correctly.
    My guess is:

1. He has his degree
    2. He has no plans to play professionally
    3. One final year of playing 20 mins/game or go somewhere else and play closer to 30 mins/game and enjoy it.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    I agree it is a loss and it does hurt the team. The problem is he didn't play good or great consistently enough. He can't be judged on his every now and again breakout game either. He found a groove in the middle of the season and guess what happened. Teams started throwing double teams at him. That's when more holes in his game appeared as he would try to take them on and throw up garbage, hold on to the ball and turn it over, or couldn't identify where the open teammate was. He was completely rendered useless on the offensive end of the floor with a simple adjustment and even DR was smart enough to see this. Additionally, how many times did DR have him in the game and Geu would take himself out with foul trouble? I remember that happening a lot this year. We lost the best year we could have gotten out of him. I was hoping he would live in the gym in the off-season to improve aspects of his game and build up his body and make the Bison even better. That's not going to happen, but best of luck to the kid wherever he ends up.
    Wrong———-when teams started doubling him (and it was for a reason, he was a little problem down there) RICHMAN was rendered useless because he didn’t adjust———let’s face it we only ran 4 plays that TABs little girls team could run 1. Throw it into gue and hope he scores 2. Throw it into Tyson and hope he scores 3. Pick and pop up with vinny & rocky 4. ISO vinny and hope he scores—————-and he didn’t need to build up his body he was playing out of position and still dominating bigger dudes the kid was a monster and the team will miss him big time next year this is a huge momentum killer

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    My guess is:

1. He has his degree
    2. He has no plans to play professionally
    3. One final year of playing 20 mins/game or go somewhere else and play closer to 30 mins/game and enjoy it.
    So then this will mean 2 “professional” players that came off the bench for Richman? I must have missed the sweet 16 banner in the bsa with all the talent rich mans put out there....I always I always

I think Geu was a good player but the over blown obsession regarding him, his playing time, and how it reflects on Richman is over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I think Geu was a good player but the over blown obsession regarding him, his playing time, and how it reflects on Richman is over the top.
    Team losing its best field goal percentage scorer and leading rebounder is not overblown and neither is the Richman criticism—————he brags about the benifit of expierence for guys like konchar at ipfw and others well guess what next year gues that guy 2 bad hes gone

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Lets not forget towards the end of the season Eady was playing some of his best basketball. Ward and Griesel have the length and size to allow the coaches to go somewhat small. Rocky certainly was earning his minutes as well. Its easy for a lot of people just to say play Deng and Rocky together and ignore that other pieces on the team were playing really well in their role to close the season.

Losing Deng sucks, and does thin out front court depth. I hope he lands in a spot where he can thrive and finish out his career but it was his choice to transfer out. I do wish he saw more minutes but I can see why the coaching staff gave him the run they did.

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I wonder how well the transfer of Ky Kabelis worked out for him and his new team? I also saw Crandal for 30 seconds in the Gonzaga loss to Texas Tech.
    Let's Go Bison!!!