Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Deng Geu Transfer?

Default Re: Deng Geu Transfer?

I think most understand that transferring is big now days, but could this have been avoided? The fact that a post player (a position we need) is leaving and a wing isnt so far ( a position we have a bunch of) is weird. There's no coincidences here about him leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    I was more concerned by the khy transfer at the time.... now that he transferring again we see what khy is about.... grad transfers are the thing these days and it isn’t concerning to me... best of luck to the kid... but if people don’t think this is a everyday thing they are not paying attentionhttps://watchstadium.com/news/compre...ng-12-29-2018/
    Look at the list
    People say NDSU has a men’s bball retention problem. Seems pretty much par for the course in today’s college bball world.
    NDSU-1
    SDSU-3
    Denver-1
    USD-1
    ORU-3
    UND-1
    WIU-0
    IPFW-2
    Omaha-0

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    What did Richman do? This was Geu's decision. Of course it is Richman's fault according to some of you. The Bison will recover from this departure, the more valuable pieces are still on the team.
    This times a million.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by semobison View Post
    Looks like Jenkins will be leaving the Jacks. Can't blame him after watching Matt Mooney score 17 points against Gonzaga helping Texas Tech reach the final four. Transferring sure worked out for that kid.
    Yep, transferring in college hoops is quite common but when it happens in our house we need to blame it on someone. Truth is, it is a common mid-major problem. Truth is, Gue is not the caliber of player as Mooney or Jenkins. That said, I wish him the best.
    Thank you, a post of reason. And on Bisonville you know where the blame goes!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    Thank you, a post of reason. And on Bisonville you know where the blame goes!
    matt mooneys coach also left, as did jenkins for what its worth

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Yep, and this is what worries me the most about Geu's transfer. If Meidinger can't overcome his injury history O'Dell Wilson is the only natural #4/#5 there is behind Rocky and I'm not convinced he's going to be ready to be a contributor yet either... he appeared to have a long way to go fundamentally (and a 6'6" post will need to be fundamentally sound) based on the action he saw in the exhibition games last year. They can still win the Summit without Geu (especially with SDSU getting gutted) but their ceiling was just lowered IMO... they need guys like Geu to compete with the high majors.
    Solid post. I don't think Meidinger ever sees the floor in a Bison uniform, which is awful for the kid. He's worked hard and done everything asked, his body just won't cooperate. I know the staff is really high on Wilson and feel he can contribute next year. I have not watched enough of NC to know if he can play right away or if he needs a year to put on some lbs. The good news...additional minutes are now available for someone to earn. We have a lot of depth and suddenly, a lot of mouths to feed (which is a good thing if everyone is bought in).

Need a juco big for added some depth in the post. Two years of eligibility would be ideal!

on a tiny sidenote, I am GUESSING that Vinnie having the success he had...with leadership and ability has probably helped Dave's willingness to look the JUCO route...as that hasn't exactly been our success.

I would bet almost anything that someone HIGHER than NDSU will take a shot at Deng. These kids put their name out, they get listened to. I bet he goes to a higher mid major. Great kid and congrats on getting your degree!
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Default Deng Geu Transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    Solid post. I don't think Meidinger ever sees the floor in a Bison uniform, which is awful for the kid. He's worked hard and done everything asked, his body just won't cooperate. I know the staff is really high on Wilson and feel he can contribute next year. I have not watched enough of NC to know if he can play right away or if he needs a year to put on some lbs. The good news...additional minutes are now available for someone to earn. We have a lot of depth and suddenly, a lot of mouths to feed (which is a good thing if everyone is bought in).
    NC needs to redshirt to add pounds, real skinny right now Benefited from being taller than the competition but also has a nice shot just needs to bulk up to last in d1 ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by skolbizun View Post
    NC needs to redshirt to add pounds, real skinny right now Benefited from being taller than the competition but also has a nice shot just needs to bulk up to last in d1 ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    he has about as good a chance at scoring in the paint as i do skol---------nobody will replace gue i look for more posionless basketball and it will be bad, so we r right back to square one-------the richman way continues 1 step forward and 2 steps back