Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Deng Geu Transfer?

Default Re: Deng Geu Transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Wow. When I heard about a possible transfer, the first person I thought of was Deng.

Deng seemed to make a huge step early in the season. I thought he developed some good inside moves and his work on the block was sorely needed. He definitely regressed late in the year. Our lack of proven bigs next year is concerning. I do think Dave did a poor job with Deng, but maybe it's more of an academic decision for a graduate degree NDSU doesn't offer????

Best of luck to him and I wish him the best.
    I believe Deng wants to try and play ball beyond college. While he had a role with NDSU, it wasn't enough to get the tape out there he needed to accomplish that goal.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Another player would either need to transfer, quit or be off scholarship for this to happen.
    Umm no! On the 2018-2019 roster 12 of the 14 kids were under scholarship. The Bison utilized the 13th scholly for NC. We lost Deng so now have another scholly to play with.
    Last edited by slips; 04-01-2019 at 08:52 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    Umm no! On the 2018-2019 roster 12 of the 14 kids were under scholarship. The Bison utilized the 13th scholly for NC. We lost Deng so now have another scholly to play with.
    Seniors: Jared, Tyson, Quayle, Vinnie
    Juniors: Jordan, Cam, Rocky
    Sophmores: Cook, Knotek, Sam, Eady, Meidinger
    Freshmen: Wilson and Noah

Who isn't on scholarship or the roster then? I count 14.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I would guess there's a player or two we all think is on scholarship who isn't. Samuelson is one of them maybe? I know he started off as a walk-on. They can have 13 scholarship players on the 15 man roster. With Geu gone they have 13 on the current roster plus Christenson going into next year.
    I heard a segment on midco that stated the Samuelson had earned a scholly sometime since he stepped foot on campus. We have 2 players on the roster who are not under scholly. I'm speculating the two walk-on's are between Knotek, Meidinger, Eady, Horn, and Quayle. I don't believe basketball scholarships can be split but could be wrong on that.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Seniors: Jared, Tyson, Quayle, Vinnie
    Juniors: Jordan, Cam, Rocky
    Sophmores: Cook, Knotek, Sam, Eady, Meidinger
    Freshmen: Wilson and Noah

Who isn't on scholarship or the roster then? I count 14.
    You don't need to be on scholly to be on the team. Not sure which two but two of the players are not under scholly. We could not have offered NC a scholly unless this was the case. My best guess is Quayle and Eady are walk-ons.

I heard a segment on midco that stated the Samuelson had earned a scholly sometime since he stepped foot on campus. We have 2 players on the roster who are not under scholly. I'm speculating the two walk-on's are between Knotek, Meidinger, Eady, Horn, and Quayle. I don't believe basketball scholarships can be split but could be wrong on that.
    They can't be split in MBB so it's all or nothing in terms of scholarships.

You don't need to be on scholly to be on the team. Not sure which two but two of the players are not under scholly. We could not have offered NC a scholly unless this was the case. My best guess is Quayle and Eady are walk-ons.
    I think Quayle is a good guess but at this point I have a hard time believing Eady is a walk on and they wouldn't give him a scholarship if one was open. Maybe Meidinger is calling it a career, I mean he wasn't even mentioned in Kolpack's article. For a team with one big returning that seems kind of telling.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

I don't think Eady was highly sought after coming out of high school. Nobody knows for sure because NDSU doesn't make their BB scholly's public from what I can tell. If Eady is indeed a walk-on an option would be for DR to give him that scholarship freed up by Geu leaving. He definitely deserves it as I thought he improved a lot as the season progressed.

I am wondering if Geu, with his parents living in Fargo and who certainly will want to watch him play, if he enrolls at MSU. Parents can watch his home games and make it home to watch the hi-lites.

I highly doubt Eady is a walk-on. You wouldve heard that by now/.