Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Deng Geu Transfer?

Default Re: Deng Geu Transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    on a tiny sidenote, I am GUESSING that Vinnie having the success he had...with leadership and ability has probably helped Dave's willingness to look the JUCO route...as that hasn't exactly been our success.

I would bet almost anything that someone HIGHER than NDSU will take a shot at Deng. These kids put their name out, they get listened to. I bet he goes to a higher mid major. Great kid and congrats on getting your degree!
    u ant gonna find no juco big to replace what deng could do 4 us, total pipe dream but good luck (dejuan flowers)--------i was actually hoping deng would transfer 2 juco 4 the wildcats they could win the whole thing next year with him banging down low

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well to be fair he didn’t play all that well at the end of the season. Seemed like every time he was passed the ball he would fumble it and become a turnover, would lose the ball once he put it on the ground to make a move into a turnover or he’ll put up a bad shot. Very athletic but needs to grow and develop his skills more.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by SlickVic View Post
    he has about as good a chance at scoring in the paint as i do skol---------nobody will replace gue i look for more posionless basketball and it will be bad, so we r right back to square one-------the richman way continues 1 step forward and 2 steps back
    The Bison came together and started playing great basketball without little to any valuable contribution from Geu down the stretch. Bison will be just fine moving forward. Geu did not see the court as much because the glaring weaknesses in his game far outweighed the positives and his never reached potential. If he transfers to a P5 team and sees meaningful minutes I will bite my tongue and admit I was wrong but I am pretty sure that wont be the case.

So now Gue is defined by his last half the conference season, who cares when he played great. He was far from perfect but he had potential and a fair amount of it was wasted here.

This is a sizable loss that puts us an injury away from being in a very tough spot. There are transfers but if you want a big that is always a crapshoot because everyone is looking for more depth.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    So now Gue is defined by his last half the conference season, who cares when he played great. He was far from perfect but he had potential and a fair amount of it was wasted here.

This is a sizable loss that puts us an injury away from being in a very tough spot. There are transfers but if you want a big that is always a crapshoot because everyone is looking for more depth.
    Not a ton of Andre Smiths out there

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

I agree it is a loss and it does hurt the team. The problem is he didn't play good or great consistently enough. He can't be judged on his every now and again breakout game either. He found a groove in the middle of the season and guess what happened. Teams started throwing double teams at him. That's when more holes in his game appeared as he would try to take them on and throw up garbage, hold on to the ball and turn it over, or couldn't identify where the open teammate was. He was completely rendered useless on the offensive end of the floor with a simple adjustment and even DR was smart enough to see this. Additionally, how many times did DR have him in the game and Geu would take himself out with foul trouble? I remember that happening a lot this year. We lost the best year we could have gotten out of him. I was hoping he would live in the gym in the off-season to improve aspects of his game and build up his body and make the Bison even better. That's not going to happen, but best of luck to the kid wherever he ends up.

Hate to see Geu go. He was a fun player to watch. I hope it works out for him wherever he ends up. Seemed like a good kid and a team player.

He also just left his team. So there is that.
    Everyone just relax, all right? Believe me, if there's one thing Ron Burgundy knows, it's women.

Same way you defined Richman.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    Same way you defined Richman.
    Not even close.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.