Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Deng Geu Transfer?

Default Re: Deng Geu Transfer?

Can we shut this down? This is the dumbest thread on BB Forum. He's gone, he's not coming back, move forward. Obsessing over what he's doing at UNT does nothing for NDSU or the team we've got this year. I can't recall another player that has transferred in FB, BB, WBB or any other sport that has their own thread dedicated to discussing what they are doing somewhere else for another team. It's basically another thread to throw shit at our head coach (another thread that should go).

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Yes he actually quit on his team that’s what he did
    Finesse it spin it do what you will but
    He was on a team that went to the big dance
    He decided he was more important then the team and left
    He quit on his team him and horn
    Couldn’t disagree more with this. If you think you are better than other guys playing more than you or you don’t think you are being treated fairly by the coach why would you stay?

Don’t you find it odd that we have had two players transfer that were major contributors (Gue and the point guard) a few years ago. And neither one transferred to a better team/opportunity

Because I find that odd. In fact I do t ever recall this happening in all my years following NDSU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Couldn’t disagree more with this. If you think you are better than other guys playing more than you or you don’t think you are being treated fairly by the coach why would you stay?

Don’t you find it odd that we have had two players transfer that were major contributors (Gue and the point guard) a few years ago. And neither one transferred to a better team/opportunity

Because I find that odd. In fact I do t ever recall this happening in all my years following NDSU.

What you just stated is the problem with society as a whole
    Everyone thinks they are mistreated or better then Their boss or co worker coach teammate
    And are gonna get theirs
    He quit in my eyes

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    What you just stated is the problem with society as a whole
    Everyone thinks they are mistreated or better then Their boss or co worker coach teammate
    And are gonna get theirs
    He quit in my eyes
    So an adult who leaves a current working condition for a better OPPORTUNITY essentially has quit on said co-workers/boss/company? And if so, that’s a reflection of today’s societal issues? Wow.

I would say transferring was a great success for Russell Wilson and Jalen Hurts. Deng’s goal was probably to find an offense better suited for him and earn more play time. I will never label or blame an athlete for that.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Deng didn't quit on anyone, he played out the season and left for what he felt is a better fit. Last time I checked quitting is just walking off and hanging everyone out to dry. Did Saul quit on NDSU? Did Miles quit on NDSU? Did Klieman quit on NDSU? Nobody thinks that but I guess a player can't do the same thing?

Transfering is just part of college hoops now, it is what it is.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Deng didn't quit on anyone, he played out the season and left for what he felt is a better fit. Last time I checked quitting is just walking off and hanging everyone out to dry. Did Saul quit on NDSU? Did Miles quit on NDSU? Did Klieman quit on NDSU? Nobody thinks that but I guess a player can't do the same thing?

Transfering is just part of college hoops now, it is what it is.
    This thread just needs to be moved to NEWS ABOUT OTHER SCHOOLS.

Quote Originally Posted by imabison View Post
    This thread just needs to be moved to NEWS ABOUT OTHER SCHOOLS.
    This xs 1,000,000.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonJD View Post
    Can we shut this down? This is the dumbest thread on BB Forum. He's gone, he's not coming back, move forward. Obsessing over what he's doing at UNT does nothing for NDSU or the team we've got this year. I can't recall another player that has transferred in FB, BB, WBB or any other sport that has their own thread dedicated to discussing what they are doing somewhere else for another team. It's basically another thread to throw shit at our head coach (another thread that should go).
    Yeah how dare we talk about how a former player does. Time to shut down the Wentz thread

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Yeah how dare we talk about how a former player does. Time to shut down the Wentz thread
    It's upsetting the Richman apologists.

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post

I think you are referring to Khy Kabellis, a kid who basically didnt come off the floor for NDSU while he was here. Khy had the keys to the program as the starting pg. He opted to transfer, my belief thinking he could land at a bigger school. When that didn't happen he moved back closer to home and ended up at Pacific, being he was a California kid. Kind of funny to note he has already left Pacific and is now playing for UC Riverside.

Deng spent 4 years at NDSU and graduated. Elected to grad transfer, which is very popular in today college basketball scene.