Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Deng Geu Transfer?

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Deng Geu Transfer?

While Conference USA is a step up over the Summit, North Texas is not really a step up over NDSU. Deng did quit, he wants the numbers and the playing time over being part of a team and winning, I wish him well, loved watching him play but was really disappointed to see him bail after how this team finished the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Burgundy View Post
    quit on his teammates. I am sure the scouts will see him a ton in that league as opposed to playing in the big dance...when we return everyone. Not saying we will get to the big dance, but we just did, and lost nobody...other than the guy who chose to leave. While I would never wish him ill will, I am guessing that when he left, his advisers were not thinking "north texas." I am honestly really excited about the 3 kids that have signed that have yet to get to campus. Focus on the guys who want to be here I guess.
    Maybe Dave quit on him the way he handled him. Apparently it wasn't a good fit for both sides, no reason to run the kid down. Good luck to him.

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Maybe Dave quit on him the way he handled him. Apparently it wasn't a good fit for both sides, no reason to run the kid down. Good luck to him.
    Speaking of, any word on an extension for old Davey boy?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    speaking of, any word on an extension for old davey boy?

Sent from my vs995 using tapatalk
    shhhhh. Hell no. He still have 0 quality wins
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Beating NC Central in the first round of the NCAA Tournament wasn't a quality win?

Quote Originally Posted by RedRiver View Post
    Beating NC Central in the first round of the NCAA Tournament wasn't a quality win?
    LOL....that is like beating USD and that might be being nice to NC Central.

The Duke game though was a quality showing and if you want to play pro ball that is the stage where you need to make your mark.
    Last edited by NDSUstudent; 05-01-2019 at 09:43 PM.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

If Deng wasn't happy here, he was right to leave. I want kids that want to be here and the last half of the season it seemed like something was off with him.

Of course like we saw with some other players that have left, the grass isn't necessarily going to be greener somewhere else.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

ZHerd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Truth. People are too blinded by winning the tourney in what was a really poor Summit. Most good D1 teams we play embarrass us, and no we have not beat one quality opponent...it’s been years. If this current roster wants to really change opinions it’s time to knock off a high major. I think they can do it, but they can’t be satisfied by playing competitively for part of the game. They need to win

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Deng has 1 year of basketball left in his playing career. I do not fault him for going somewhere which will utilize his talents and allow him to play more than half a game. He clearly did not fit Richman’s system. I’ll be cheering for Deng.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Deng has 1 year of basketball left in his playing career. I do not fault him for going somewhere which will utilize his talents and allow him to play more than half a game. He clearly did not fit Richman’s system. I’ll be cheering for Deng.
    well said, agree with you 100%