Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Deng Geu Transfer?

totoinfl is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Deng Geu Transfer?

At some time you had to imagine there was going to be a NCAA response to all of the grad transfer stuff. It was becoming the trendy option to a JUCO transfer.

Boo-frickin-hoo. There's a perfectly good reason for the grad transfer rule and it allows many student-athletes to get a year of grad school in their chosen field paid for. So what if some guys take advantage of it, it doesn't give anyone a competitive advantage that wasn't already there. If the regular undergrad transfer rules wouldn't be so restrictive this grad transfer route wouldn't be taken nearly as often. I'd much rather see undergrad transfer restrictions loosened rather than grad transfer rules tightened if they actually want to fix this problem without putting the clamps on the student athletes even further.

ESPN has Geu as the 44th ranked transfer:

"44. Deng Geu, 6-8, 215 pounds, PF, RS Jr., North Dakota State
    His per-40 numbers are excellent: 21.0 points and 10.7 rebounds. He only played 18.3 minutes per game but averaged 9.6 points and 4.9 rebounds."

Jenkins is 2nd for 2020-2021

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...019-20-2020-21

woof thats a bad list past #10
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

As soon as these teams see Geu’s talents, they will sign him quickly. DR destroyed the kids confidence, and it sure seemed like there was also a personality conflict. I don’t blame 23 for any of it. Too bad, he could have put this team on his back if given the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    As soon as these teams see Geu’s talents, they will sign him quickly. DR destroyed the kids confidence, and it sure seemed like there was also a personality conflict. I don’t blame 23 for any of it. Too bad, he could have put this team on his back if given the opportunity.
    He did several times this season. But its too bad how several here dont give him enough credit.

Good kid, but I find it suspicious that Geu played his best basketball when the team played their worst, and when the team played their best basketball, Geu played his worst.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Good kid, but I find it suspicious that Geu played his best basketball when the team played their worst, and when the team played their best basketball, Geu played his worst.
    Had not thought about this but it's on target

Grizzled is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    No one on the team shot nearly as well as we did the last month of the season. That could be one reason.

If we shoot the percentages in December and January as we shot in February and March, we aren’t a 16 seed in the tourney.

I think Geu will be missed next year.