Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2019 FB Tailgate Thread

Default Re: 2019 FB Tailgate Thread

Did people really not get in their spots until 10? Because we were a ways back in line and were parked by 9:20...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    Did people really not get in their spots until 10? Because we were a ways back in line and were parked by 9:20...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    950 for me

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

This so dumb! Every major tailgating scene in college football allows for overnight parking. Just allow the rigs to come in the night before. It's easy to manage and just require mandatory quiet hours by dark. Open tailgating lots up at 7:00 AM regardless of kickoff time. Charge extra for the option so we can afford rent a cops to placate the Dome Nazi's. Everyone wins but the hand ringers, why can't we figure this out?

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    This so dumb! Every major tailgating scene in college football allows for overnight parking. Just allow the rigs to come in the night before. It's easy to manage and just require mandatory quiet hours by dark. Open tailgating lots up at 7:00 AM regardless of kickoff time. Charge extra for the option so we can afford rent a cops to placate the Dome Nazi's. Everyone wins but the hand ringers, why can't we figure this out?
    The morning they had the Sportscenter on the Road, they opened up the lots at 5 am. Nobody died.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Complete fuckshow today as expected...imagine if the weather was nice and everyone came at 8am

Really sad and unnecessary mess, but it is what it is

For the record I was not very impressed with the condition of the lots after the game, i stayed till the final horn and there was garbage all over the place in a weird color of green
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

Quote Originally Posted by tjbison View Post
    Complete fuckshow today as expected...imagine if the weather was nice and everyone came at 8am

Really sad and unnecessary mess, but it is what it is

For the record I was not very impressed with the condition of the lots after the game, i stayed till the final horn and there was garbage all over the place in a weird color of green
    The vendor area dividing the tailgate lots to the south side of the reserved lot was absolutely disgusting when we were going into the game. The concrete was essentially covered with cans and cups and there was plenty in the trees and ditches nearby too. It was an embarrassment... would've fit right in with the JMU crowd in Frisco.

On another note I will say that I was pleasantly surprised with the speed the line moved to get into the lot. We got there at 8:30 (lots opened at 9) and got in the first row on the south side of lot C (the lineup had already filled all of lot D south of the dome) and we were parked in our spots by about 9:20. It still could be better but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be so kudos to the dome staff for that.

Honeybooboo is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Just dumb how this is run, good thing they wasted time and money printing out rules for us on nice colored paper..

I thought it went really well.

Given that the situation is managed by bureaucrats and cops.
    Many thousands are in want of common necessaries; hundreds of thousands are in want of common comforts, sir."
    Scrooge-"Are there no prisons?". "Plenty of prisons..."
    Scrooge-"And the Union workhouses." . "Are they still in operation?". "Both very busy, sir..."
    "Those who are badly off must go there."
    "Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
    Scrooge- "If they would rather die," "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

Because we only have 2 spots we have to park our trailer in the lot, then park the truck in R lot. It's usually abour 30 minute after the game until they let us back into F lot to hook up to the trailer. Anyway, yesterday we noticed that they had the barricades on E and F lot setup to route everyone from those tailgate lots south through campus rather than to 19th Ave. That meant they had to direct traffic at the intersection by the high rises and that combined with them closing all other exits from R lot made for a shit show. They also didn't let us get over to 18th St to get to 19th Ave. Seemed like they were only letting the GA lot out that way. Took almost an hour to get back to south Fargo because of these changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    The vendor area dividing the tailgate lots to the south side of the reserved lot was absolutely disgusting when we were going into the game. The concrete was essentially covered with cans and cups and there was plenty in the trees and ditches nearby too. It was an embarrassment... would've fit right in with the JMU crowd in Frisco.

On another note I will say that I was pleasantly surprised with the speed the line moved to get into the lot. We got there at 8:30 (lots opened at 9) and got in the first row on the south side of lot C (the lineup had already filled all of lot D south of the dome) and we were parked in our spots by about 9:20. It still could be better but it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be so kudos to the dome staff for that.
    The students from NDSU and UND were a collective bunch of idiots. They were all pigs.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."