Thread: Next Season

Default Next Season

Anyone have thoughts on the line-up for next season?

This is my wish list:
    125: Bianchi
    133: Sykora
    141: Midkiff
    149: Van Maanen
    157: Weber
    165: Franek
    174: Fogarty
    184: De La Riva
    197: Eaton
    285: Metz or Stibral

I think moving Fogarty up would give him the best chance to AA. 165 is so deep and just about everyone comes back. 174 seems to thin out a little bit by the time you get down to the #8 spot.

We should have a pretty strong dual meet line-up again next year.

Default Re: Next Season

It'll be interesting to see where a few guys wind up. Sutton could've been a dark horse NCAA qualifier at 141 if he could maintain it. If he can no longer make 141, does he transfer with being the same age as JVM?

I think Fogarty could do well at 174, but I'm skeptical of De La Riva at 184. He had a lot of work to do to fill out properly at 174 and I'm skeptical he can properly fill out as a 184 next year.

Does Big Dan look to transfer? He would start for over half of the D1 teams and will be a senior.

Franek was a big time recruit, but I can't see him taking Weber's spot and unless Fogarty goes 174, he'll likely have to sit next year.

Not sure if Midkiff is big enough for 141. I think he can be a fantastic answer at 133 after Cam graduates. Midkiff at 141 likely gives us a better lineup, but I still think 133 is his home.

NDSU has been very active in getting transfers as well, so maybe we'll see one or two added to strengthen 184 and 141. Last year Fleetwood, Sykora, Weber, De La Riva and Otomo were all regular starters who had transferred to NDSU.

25 Bianche jun. 33 Sykora sen. 41 Degan soph. 49 Van Maanen soph. 57 Franek Fr. 65 Fogarty sen. 74 De La Riva jun. 84 Otano jun. 97 Eaton sen. Hwt. Metz soph. Not a great lineup but solid. Yes 184 is the weakest weight class so they may adjust weight classes around 184 and Weber is a better wrestler than Otoma. I think Franek has to be in the lineup ( he is our best recruit in years) but he is short and I think he takes 57.

I think
    125: Midciff
    133: Sykora
    141: Degen
    149: Van Maanen
    157: Weber
    165: Franek
    174: Fogarty
    184: De La Riva
    197: Eaton
    285: Metz or Stibra

PaBizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I dont see De La Riva being able to move up to 184 and be successful. He’s got a pretty skinny frame for that weight.
    Both Weber and Franek need to be in the lineup so I agree it makes sense for Fogarty to move to 174. Does anyone know how Franek vs Weber went in the practice room?
    Bison fans are blessed. Enjoy it.

Speaking of next year I looked at Flow's latest High school wrestlers rated in the top 20 at each weight class and not 1 of our recruits that come in next year is listed. We recruit solid wrestlers but very few standouts. We are a better dual meet team than tournament team. We need to pick it up or just accept mediocrity. I don't know what Coach Kish's plans are or if we have plans to meet our goals because we have been moving backwards or staying the same for quite a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by harleycowboy View Post
    Speaking of next year I looked at Flow's latest High school wrestlers rated in the top 20 at each weight class and not 1 of our recruits that come in next year is listed. We recruit solid wrestlers but very few standouts. We are a better dual meet team than tournament team. We need to pick it up or just accept mediocrity. I don't know what Coach Kish's plans are or if we have plans to meet our goals because we have been moving backwards or staying the same for quite a few years.
    I think it hurts us to have a relatively small wrestling fan base. We trail some of our conference foes by quite a bit in attendance figures. It would be nice to pick up some ground on SDSU, Wyoming, and Utah Valley in that respect. I have to think that more fans would bring in more money that could be used on coaching or RTC needs. From watching the duals on Flo, our home atmosphere isn't quite the same as someplace like the West gym. I think we have a lot of potential if we could just get moving in that direction.

I noticed the roster has been updated on gobison. I don't see Sutton on the list.

https://gobison.com/roster.aspx?path=wrestling

Hail the BISON!!!