Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor of the day...Otz to UNLV, Tim Miles to SDSU

wagsabison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Rumor of the day...Otz to UNLV, Tim Miles to SDSU

Quote Originally Posted by PrideofFargo View Post
    Just rewatched the NDSU v KSU game from forever ago.. it’d be fun to get the “band back together” with Saul and Miles coming back, Richman looked 12 years old in the video. Saul failed at his mid major, miles failed at his low P5. In this scenario, miles would be the x’s and o’s Coach, Saul the Recruiter, and Richman the manager.
    That was a fun game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Has any else noticed that none of these Bison fans who love Brookings live there?
    My family and I lived there for seven years. A job out west that I wanted is the reason we left. Brookings is a good town to raise a family in. The schools are great. SDSU is a good hometown option to get a degree. Still...I've always been a Bison fan.

If you wore the uniform...you're a champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    Has any else noticed that none of these Bison fans who love Brookings live there?
    As I've said here before, my wife graduated from SDSU. She will be the first to tell you there's nothing nice about Brookings.

FBS OR BUST FIRE LARSEN
    Hey UND: 34-9...38-7...34-13...16-6...42-21

100% anti MAGA

Looking like good news for Jackrabbits, so far......

Mike Grimala
    @MikeGrimala
    ·
    4h
    T.J. Otzelberger said he does not plan to bring any South Dakota State players with him to UNLV. He said he told the players and recruits to honor their commitments to SDSU.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    "You guys make sure you honor your commitments... me I'm going to bolt for the bigger paycheck."

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    "You guys make sure you honor your commitments... me I'm going to bolt for the bigger paycheck."
    Most coaches jump for a larger paycheck. I won’t fault TJ for doing that.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Most coaches jump for a larger paycheck. I won’t fault TJ for doing that.
    I don't either but it's pretty hypocritical for him to tell the players at SDSU to "honor their commitments" as he's heading out the door. He did what was best for himself and, given that it's the beginning of the offseason, there's no reason the players shouldn't be able to do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    I don't either but it's pretty hypocritical for him to tell the players at SDSU to "honor their commitments" as he's heading out the door. He did what was best for himself and, given that it's the beginning of the offseason, there's no reason the players shouldn't be able to do the same thing.
    If I could tell those young men one thing, it would be "don't let that hypocrite tell you what to do. EXPLORE YOUR OPTIONS. Especially you freshmen and sophomores!"

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Haha must be good news for us too, to me this means he doesn't think he has any recruits coming in that he thinks can help him win at UNLV. I get the integrity part but if I'm a coach and I recruited somebody I think was POY potential I'd definitely tell them to consider there options. I mean would you rather go to college in Vegas or Brookings?

Tony Almeida is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Haha must be good news for us too, to me this means he doesn't think he has any recruits coming in that he thinks can help him win at UNLV. I get the integrity part but if I'm a coach and I recruited somebody I think was POY potential I'd definitely tell them to consider there options. I mean would you rather go to college in Vegas or Brookings?
    Caleb Grill is a beast, multiple big time offers but decided on SDSU...these are the type of players I wish Richman would take a chance at, you never know like in Grill's case, he said SDSU was the first to offer him a scholly and from there they created a great relationship. I think Richman doesn't even try for these type of players assuming he doesn't have a chance. Connections is a biggy as well, you need a coaching staff that has connections and I believe this is how SDSU found this kid.