Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Rumor of the day...Otz to UNLV, Tim Miles to SDSU

Default Re: Rumor of the day...Otz to UNLV, Tim Miles to SDSU

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Will Grill go to UNLV?
    He might, now that he’s open I’m sure TJ will ask Hendo informal permission to approach.

Now Jenkins is gone...

https://twitter.com/worldstardave/st...139861515?s=21

SDSU has been officially gutted, the Summit is going to be one of the worst basketball conference in America next season.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Now Jenkins is gone...

https://twitter.com/worldstardave/st...139861515?s=21

SDSU has been officially gutted, the Summit is going to be one of the worst basketball conference in America next season.
    Got to be a joke!

As mentioned in this thread earlier, it will remain to be seen how much SDSU will miss Otz. Hard to knock a coach for 2 NCAA births and 2 Conference Championships in 3 years but would agree that his coaching seemed suspect and while everyone says he was a great recruiter, he's left the cupboard pretty bare at SDSU beyond the two players that are probably following him to UNLV (Jenkins & Grill). The rest of his recruits weren't highly sought after and look like average Summit players at best. It will be interesting to see how Henderson fills the empty scholarships - if he can't get some solid recruits or transfers in quickly he might find himself with a few rough years. Really like what I've seen from him from a personality standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by JacksFan06 View Post
    As mentioned in this thread earlier, it will remain to be seen how much SDSU will miss Otz. Hard to knock a coach for 2 NCAA births and 2 Conference Championships in 3 years but would agree that his coaching seemed suspect and while everyone says he was a great recruiter, he's left the cupboard pretty bare at SDSU beyond the two players that are probably following him to UNLV (Jenkins & Grill). The rest of his recruits weren't highly sought after and look like average Summit players at best. It will be interesting to see how Henderson fills the empty scholarships - if he can't get some solid recruits or transfers in quickly he might find himself with a few rough years. Really like what I've seen from him from a personality standpoint.
    Otz just never seemed like that great of a coach. I think he may be a good salesman though. My prediction is he is not extended and maybe doesnt last out his contract

Quote Originally Posted by Bison"FANatic" View Post
    Otz just never seemed like that great of a coach. I think he may be a good salesman though. My prediction is he is not extended and maybe doesnt last out his contract
    He's a lot better coach than Richman

Quote Originally Posted by JacksFan06 View Post
    Hendo is a great coach, and really good guy. SDSU may have to be patient initially with him as yall have lost a ton of talent and hes never been HC at the college level. But I do think he will be successful at SDSU in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by twinsguy03 View Post
    He's a lot better coach than Richman
    Not sure I would call him much of an upgrade, his in game coaching has never really impressed me. He can recruit at a high level though.

Eight UNLV players on the end of season transfer list? Wow.

(credit unibison, who posted this link in the Geu thread)

Jenkins has no shortage of options...

Minnesota, Oregon, Oregon State just reached out to South Dakota State transfer David Jenkins (19.7 PPG, 45.3 3PT%). Schools to previously reach out include Gonzaga, TCU, Cincinnati, Oklahoma State, UNLV, Arizona, Memphis, Nevada, Notre Dame and others.
    https://twitter.com/jeffborzello/sta...95271609196545