Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rumor of the day...Otz to UNLV, Tim Miles to SDSU

Hybrid View

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Rumor of the day...Otz to UNLV, Tim Miles to SDSU

Bunny board is freaking out, as is the UNLV board, and soon to be bisonville if this turns out to be true. Evidently the SDSU coach has deleted his twitter and has gone dark. I never in my wildest dreams even considered Tim Miles going to the turds down south. Hopefully, it doesn't happen. On the flip side, it presents a hell of an opportunity for Richman and NDSU basketball if SDSU loses its coach and they end up with someone other than Miles who craters the program.

Default Re: Rumor of the day...Otz to UNLV, Tim Miles to SDSU

Quote Originally Posted by AKBison View Post
    Bunny board is freaking out, as is the UNLV board, and soon to be bisonville if this turns out to be true. Evidently the SDSU coach has deleted his twitter and has gone dark. I never in my wildest dreams even considered Tim Miles going to the turds down south. Hopefully, it doesn't happen. On the flip side, it presents a hell of an opportunity for Richman and NDSU basketball if SDSU loses its coach and they end up with someone other than Miles who craters the program.
    DidMiles lose his job? Haven’t seen anything myself.
    Why would he go to SDSU after Neb?
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Otz is a really good recruiter. He is not a good X's and O's coach and the SDSU fans will tell you the same thing. Jenkins who's going to be a junior is outstanding. Outside of him they really have nothing. The recruiting class coming in is unsure of talent. I don't think them losing him is really a big loss for them to be honest with you.

I know nothing about Miles' situation, but he seems to me to be someone who would get hired at a high end mid major program and could really flourish.

If SDSU loses Otzelberger and hires Miles that's a net gain for them and a home run hire. That said I think Miles will/does have better opportunities than SDSU.

I'd believe Miles to UNLV before any of the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    I'd believe Miles to UNLV before any of the rest.
    Finally caught up (https://nebraska.rivals.com/news/tim...-seven-seasons)
    Can’t buy that Miles would head to the bunnies. Saul maybe.
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

I would be really surprised if Miles went to SDSU, hes already proven himself and moved up the ranks. I find it highly more likely that he does TV for a year and waits to see what opens up next season. I think Saul would be much more in play at SDSU then Miles. All of this of course depends if TJ actually gets the UNLV job.

Fun reasons to speculate on this: (it is that season, at least until spring ball starts)

Tim Miles is from Doland SD originally so it would be going home, so to speak.
    SDSU does have a good recruiting class already signed, if Miles can keep them together.
    The legendary Frost Arena (to Jackrabbits anyways) is soon to be remodeled.

Miles is out at NEB, so let the rumors run wild—> https://twitter.com/coachmiles/statu...138735105?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bisonville: Making football coaches out of arm-chair-QB's and jock sniffers for years!
    Today's CAS GASF = ZERO
    RELUCTANT MEMBER of the TOHBTC

And, don’t believe everything you think—jussayin’.

Liberals of BV need not respond to my posts. I don’t need to get any more dumb.

AKBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

If it actually does happen, the Bison v Jacks basketball rivalry intensity will be ratcheted to a whole new level.