Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Head Coach and players at SEC thUGA

GSUsTALON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Head Coach and players at SEC thUGA

StudentEagle - Didn't take long for the honeymoon to end. All the people that were on Mark Richt about marijuana use are going to realize soon that it has a lot more to do with UGA policy and Athens police than it did Mark Richt.
    http://m.onlineathens.com/breaking-n...33ADB6925DC7E3

GSU2 - Either they are doing outlandish things to get caught, like the players urinating in public before we played them in 2008, or they are just easier targets because they are on the team. I have no clue, but it seems like their police get football players more than other schools.

AJC Report
    http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/colle...ed-felo/nq4Fc/ Felonies, ouch.

JD - No not just a BB gun, having a BB gun on a college campus, then proceeding to use the BB gun and causing significant damage with it. Never mind the alcohol and drug crap right? Law is a little stiff but ignorance of the law is not a defense ever. It will get reduced. If Kirby can get a law passed that lessens folks ability to hold govt accountable I am sure he can get the DA to lessen the charges.

TALON - I can see ignorance or the law in minor cases. Its not that like they hid a bb gun in the room to target practice off campus. They used it on campus and from what people on this board have said caused significant damage, maybe up to $1000, & had drug crap in their room. That much vandalism added to drug paraphernalia = stupid and a willful disregard for the law, Destroy property, don't get caught and have some else pay for it. If the judge lessons the charges they should have a ton of public works to do and pay for the damages.
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Default Re: Head Coach and players at SEC thUGA

TALON

Here is what I really think happened.

The 2 had a BB gun to help them practice for the summer Olympics rifle squad. They practiced by shooting apples on each other’s head and glass pipes from each other’s mouths. They got a little drunk and high, lost their common sense, went loco.

Never mix drugs and firearms!!!!!
    Georgia Southern Spread Option Football - Out weighed but seldom out played! Of course, GSU doesn’t run the Spread anymore – but still!

If I want your opinion I’ll tell you what it should be! wwwGSUFANS.com (TALON TALK) Go Bison

Sorry if the links don't work anymore. They did 2 hours ago.

The original post was on March 20th 2019

What the hell is this nonsense?
    College of Business Alumnus

this is confusing, been hitting the moonshine a bit?
    NDSU Athletics: oderint dum metuant

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Links don't work, no idea what's going on. Something with BB guns I guess.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

So according to the story a straw and spitball fit Georgia's definition of a weapon worthy of felony charges? Who the hell wrote that law? Somebody very proud of themselves I'm sure.

These guys were stupid but it's typical college stupidity IMO, not life-ruining stupidity. Thank God I didn't grow up in today's society. I'd probably be a felon too.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    So according to the story a straw and spitball fit Georgia's definition of a weapon worthy of felony charges? Who the hell wrote that law? Somebody very proud of themselves I'm sure.

These guys were stupid but it's typical college stupidity IMO, not life-ruining stupidity. Thank God I didn't grow up in today's society. I'd probably be a felon too.
    Easy now. Don't you know a spitball can put someone's eye out.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post

I was told that this is not a Bison Football thread. I should have used another Bison Forum. You are right.
    I know its off football season so I didn’t think you’d mind if I posted this news on UGA here. If the mods would like to move it to a different forum please do!
    TALON

Oh, I can see your point bisonp. In the 80's and earlier I dont think the RA would have said anything if they found a BB gun in your room. In the 70's I remember a lot of high school students had gun racks in the back of there trucks and also remember parents comming to pick up Junior High and High school students with guns on those gun racks.

Now a days you cannot bring any type of weapon on school property. I think the UGA admin if told by the Dorm RA would have been called in, reminded of the rules, confiscated the BB gun and then had them take it home.

It's my understanding that they did somewhere between $500 - $1000 worth of damage on the UGA campus & there is where the problem lies.
    The Alcohol in their room would have probably been taken care of by the Admin and coaching staff, but the drug paraphernalia is another story.

I can see them drinking a lot maybe using something else & then make a very bad judgment call and vandalizing with the BB gun. You know with all the shootings going on at public schools and colleges even taking a bb gun outside your dorm might set people off. I hope the school and the judge will lessen the charges, the 2 have to reimburse the school and do public works around the school.

Like I said
    Here is what I really think happened.
    The 2 had a BB gun to help them practice for the summer Olympics rifle squad. They practiced by shooting apples on each other’s head and glass pipes from each other’s mouths. They got a little drunk and high, lost their common sense, went loco.
    Never mix drugs and firearms!!!!!