Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2019 NCAA National Championships

Default Re: 2019 NCAA National Championships

Quote Originally Posted by Gladiator Dad View Post
    That’s just it he wasn’t yelling at him he was asking for when the violation occurred to throw the brick and they wouldn’t give it to him. If he approached the table he would’ve still been hit for questioning a judgment call due to the fact it was now outside the 7 seconds a coach has to throw the brick Kind of a no win situation in this case. Supposedly the hands to the face had occurred earlier in the match but the outside official couldn’t get the main officials attention to award the point.
    I think the 7 seconds would start when the call is made. I do not think he would get hit for questioning the call if he started his statement with, "Sir, I am not questioning your call but what was the call and when did it happen" He could then throw the brick or tell the ref I am challenging the call. If you watch kish, he can be quite entertaining. This coach appears to be a much more reactive coach than a proactive coach. I believe he has a couple good assistants but he is the voice of the program.

Did the team penalty point against the coach(es) come during the match or after? I'm not sure which coach was nailed for the point if it was during the match as I don't remember the corner being approached, but after the match, Kish spent a lot of time talking with both officials. After what seemed like more than two minutes, and delaying the next match, I believe the head official came over and took over the conversation with Kish off the mat.
    Hail the BISON!!!

UNI gets a national champion with Drew Foster. One of the more improbable champs of the last decade. If he/they can do it, we can do it

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    UNI gets a national champion with Drew Foster. One of the more improbable champs of the last decade. If he/they can do it, we can do it
    Dude never even won a State Championship. Not sure how much that happens at the NCAA DI level, especially now with this level be loaded with kids that are vying for World Medals at the International Level.

People who have done it that I could find are: Stan Able, Ben Peterson, Stan Dziedzic, John Fritz, Chuck Yagla, Nick Gallo, Joe Gonzales, Noel Loban, Dan St. John, Marty Morgan, Sylvester Terkay, Pat Santoro, Brian Dolph, Mitch Clark, Stephen Neal, Tim Hartung, Brock Lesnar, David Bolyard, Eric Voelker, Derek Moore, Josh Koscheck, Phil Davis, Mike Evans, Steve Bosak, Ed Ruth and Keith Gavin.
    Hail the BISON!!!