Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2019 NCAA National Championships

Default Re: 2019 NCAA National Championships

#24 Lorenzo De La Riva loses by Major Decision 15-3 to #9 Devin Skatzka (Minnesota).
    Hail the BISON!!!

When the next session starts, #10 Brent Fleetwood will be in the hole on Mat #1. He'll be wrestling #7 Pat Glory of Princeton.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Fleetwood can win this match but he has to be very solid in his re-attacks. Glory is a go-er and will sometimes shoot himself out of position. Fleetwood needs to pick his spots correctly and execute aggressive counterattacks. Glory is good on top too, so Fleetwood needs to have real urgency on bottom and keep his hands out in front if he gets, mat returned.

Fogarty, has a really tough matchup but he's been wrestling well. Wick took third last year and is a monster on top; where he uses his incredible length to dominate. In my eyes, Fogarty can't pick down. Wick can be taken down, and I think Andrew's best chance is staying extremely heavy on the head and taking single legs. Wick has also had struggles on bottom, which could open him up to Fogarty's physicality and turns. It is an incredibly tough matchup, but not an unwinnable one.

I talked to Bridges after the round and he said he knew Cam's swing single and dump were the only shots he would initiate. He also said he is fine picking down due to his strength and just focuses on keeping his wrists out front. This round, Cam doesn't have a conference foe who is familiar with him, so it should go better and I expect bonus points.

Brent Fleetwood is now up on Mat #1.
    Hail the BISON!!!

#10 Brent Fleetwood loses by Major Decision 10-0 to #7 Pat Glory (Princeton).
    Hail the BISON!!!

#13 Andrew Fogarty is currently in the hole on Mat #8. He'll be wrestling #4 Evan Wick of Wisconsin.
    Hail the BISON!!!

Andrew Fogarty is now up on Mat #8.
    Hail the BISON!!!

#13 Andrew Fogarty loses 9-2 to #4 Evan Wick (Wisconsin).
    Hail the BISON!!!

Consolation round Sykora won and De la Riva lost and I think both were majors.

Really tough matchup for Cam to stay alive. He has returning All American Tariq Wilson, who had national champ Seth Gross on the ropes last year. He is exceptional on his feet and did alright on bottom vs Ethan Lizak, who is even better than Cam on top. He'll have to keep it close on his feet and get a turn or two on top.

Fleetwood should beat Heinselman. He is very active, but not strong, and can struggle on bottom. After Heinselman, he'd likely have Elijah Oliver who has had a great past two weeks.

Fogarty should beat Skigdel too. After that he'd likely have Te'Shan Campbell who is beatable, but I would favor him over Fogarty.