Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: 3/22 NCAA Tournament Second (aka First) Round vs #1 Duke!

Default Re: 3/22 NCAA Tournament Second (aka First) Round vs #1 Duke!

In the first half, the great basketball mind here was thinking "I'm just not seeing it with this Zion."

The second half, I was like, "Ooooh." Man, almost everything he did in the second half looked like a career highlight play.

hahahahahaha……..

Sir Charles: "If they'd played them in football they woulda killed 'em".

Thank God he said it so no one here had to go the buttfootball route...

Charles Barkley just said, "If it's any consolation, if they played in football, NDSU would have killed 'em."

The other guys on the set laughed. Then he said, "I'm serious. They have a great program up there."

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    hahahahahaha……..

I take it all back Chuck. Every word of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Meaty View Post
    Renew or buy your season tickets for next year. Pack the SHAC!!!
    They hosted ndsu students at the shac in the suite. Free pizza. They had quite a crowd with lots of cheering.
    Maybe a turning point. After this, I hope so.
    I hope the guys had fun. Something to remember forever. And that Vinnie...
    I like to surround myself with people who share in my inappropriate comments, sarcasm, and random shenanigans

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyFlexion View Post
    hahahahahaha……..

barkley rules

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    In the first half, the great basketball mind here was thinking "I'm just not seeing it with this Zion."

The second half, I was like, "Ooooh." Man, almost everything he did in the second half looked like a career highlight play.
    he's the real deal. a little human with the first half. I guess if a college player goes 5/8 with 10 pts in the first half is pedestrian, he must be pretty good.

Not sure if he'll be able to bully in the NBA like he can in college...but man hes a talented dude. fun to watch

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    he's the real deal. a little human with the first half. I guess if a college player goes 5/8 with 10 pts in the first half is pedestrian, he must be pretty good.

Not sure if he'll be able to bully in the NBA like he can in college...but man hes a talented dude. fun to watch
    Wowed me most when he was able to run past bison point guard to a loose ball, from a few steps back....

Would be a unworldly te in the nfl

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Things I am looking forward to for next season:

1. Vinnie Shahid is a dude. Such a leader and floor general. Very exciting to watch.
    2. Rocky played exceptional defense tonight. Not only his blocks on Duke, but his rebounding is what NDSU needs EVERY game!
    3. Tyson Ward will be a problem for teams next year. If he can be more consistent, what he did to Zion in the post on that spin move in the first half...
    4. The team as a whole battled the entire first half and were not intimidated. Coach K made halftime adjustments and that's what Hall Of Fame coaches do. Makes me excited for future Power 6 games. We need to capitalize in those situations if NDSU wants to be a higher seed next season.
    5. Lastly NDSU tweeted out the NDSU student watch party. Fairly impressive showing by the students, however this NEEDS to translate to a strong showing at home games next season and maybe stand up and be loud? Is that too much to ask?

This is the most momentum this program has had since going into the 2013/2014 season.

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    Things I am looking forward to for next season:

1. Vinnie Shahid is a dude. Such a leader and floor general. Very exciting to watch.
    2. Rocky played exceptional defense tonight. Not only his blocks on Duke, but his rebounding is what NDSU needs EVERY game!
    3. Tyson Ward will be a problem for teams next year. If he can be more consistent, what he did to Zion in the post on that spin move in the first half...
    4. The team as a whole battled the entire first half and were not intimidated. Coach K made halftime adjustments and that's what Hall Of Fame coaches do. Makes me excited for future Power 6 games. We need to capitalize in those situations if NDSU wants to be a higher seed next season.
    5. Lastly NDSU tweeted out the NDSU student watch party. Fairly impressive showing by the students, however this NEEDS to translate to a strong showing at home games next season and maybe stand up and be loud? Is that too much to ask?

This is the most momentum this program has had since going into the 2013/2014 season.
    Raftery hit it right on the head early in the game. If we can set ball screens on top of the key, Vinnie can be even more dangerous to opponents.