Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 3/22 NCAA Tournament Second (aka First) Round vs #1 Duke!

Default Re: 3/22 NCAA Tournament Second (aka First) Round vs #1 Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I'm having a hard time getting excited for this one. I'm not convinced getting blown out by 30+ is good exposure. Who remembers those teams each year as anything but irrelevant? While last night was fun to watch, we just barely beat the worst team by far in the tourney from a league that is supposedly far inferior while getting out-muscled in the process. Exceeding expectations or not, things are much worse not just with the Bison but with the Summit than previous years.

Oh well, not going to dwell on it. Hopefully this year is a springboard for a resurgence next year. That can start tomorrow with a respectable showing, however unlikely that is.
    As a fan it can be different but as a competitor (and I'm a competitive fan) it should be easy getting excited for this one. If you can't get excited about playing Duke on primetime CBS in the NCAA Tournament there's something wrong with you.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Well I think the spread is about right. If they play another relatively complete game it could be like the loss against Zags a few years ago where the 3’s rained down toward the end and ended up being like an 11 point loss because Dukes starters will all be out the last couple minutes.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    I'm having a hard time getting excited for this one. I'm not convinced getting blown out by 30+ is good exposure. Who remembers those teams each year as anything but irrelevant? While last night was fun to watch, we just barely beat the worst team by far in the tourney from a league that is supposedly far inferior while getting out-muscled in the process. Exceeding expectations or not, things are much worse not just with the Bison but with the Summit than previous years.

Oh well, not going to dwell on it. Hopefully this year is a springboard for a resurgence next year. That can start tomorrow with a respectable showing, however unlikely that is.
    I think you're overthinking things. Ndsu vs next yrs top nba pick and a legendary coach/legendary bball program on CBS?

Is a football game vs UNI on espn3 more exciting?

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    I think you're overthinking things. Ndsu vs next yrs top nba pick and a legendary coach/legendary bball program on CBS?

Is a football game vs UNI on espn3 more exciting?
    They both tickle my fancy in different ways.

I think everyone is realistic about the outcome of the game tomorrow night. But to be pleased with an xyz point loss? No thanks, I'll leave the moral victories to UN_.
    The only reason some people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.
    Paul Fix

I am excited as a fan. You cannot ask for more exposure. I guarantee in Vegas, there is decent money on the game too, so I am not the only one excited

After watching last night though, Zion may break the NCAA tournament record for rebounds.

tournament record: 34, Fred Cohen, Temple vs. Connecticut, 1956
    Tournament team record: 86, Notre Dame vs. Tennessee Tech, 1958

Most rebounds in a single game: 51 Bill Chambers-William & Mary vs Virginia February 14, 1953
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer

Maybe the Bison will run the barking like dogs inbounds play. I'll text Dave. Duke would never recover.

Notorious--Bisonville all-time POTY
    Proud member of TOHBTC[/B]

Listening to the PowerTrip on KFAN this morning... If we win, Tommy Olsen and Meatsauce said they will walk to Fargo. The team could use that for motivation!
    Last edited by JMB; 03-21-2019 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Made it more purple... :)
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Vet70 View Post
    I think everyone is realistic about the outcome of the game tomorrow night. But to be pleased with an xyz point loss? No thanks, I'll leave the moral victories to UN_.
    I'm in this camp.
    Paging through the <think we'll lose by..…..> posts is killin me.

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Game preview from Duke's perspective:

https://247sports.com/college/duke/L...7/#130324717_1