Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: 3/22 NCAA Tournament Second (aka First) Round vs #1 Duke!

Default Re: 3/22 NCAA Tournament Second (aka First) Round vs #1 Duke!

Quote Originally Posted by Strommer10 View Post
    Things I am looking forward to for next season:

1. Vinnie Shahid is a dude. Such a leader and floor general. Very exciting to watch.
    2. Rocky played exceptional defense tonight. Not only his blocks on Duke, but his rebounding is what NDSU needs EVERY game!
    3. Tyson Ward will be a problem for teams next year. If he can be more consistent, what he did to Zion in the post on that spin move in the first half...
    4. The team as a whole battled the entire first half and were not intimidated. Coach K made halftime adjustments and that's what Hall Of Fame coaches do. Makes me excited for future Power 6 games. We need to capitalize in those situations if NDSU wants to be a higher seed next season.
    5. Lastly NDSU tweeted out the NDSU student watch party. Fairly impressive showing by the students, however this NEEDS to translate to a strong showing at home games next season and maybe stand up and be loud? Is that too much to ask?

This is the most momentum this program has had since going into the 2013/2014 season.
    It will be interesting to see how Geu fits in. He has become worse as the team has become better.

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    barkley rules
    Yes he does

That was fun. Nice late-season run for the Bison

Strommer10 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    It will be interesting to see how Geu fits in. He has become worse as the team has become better.
    Honestly, as the team has gotten better, his turnovers have become accentuated. That is the difference to me. When the team was 2-7, no one noticed the difference because the team was struggling. Deng needs to work on his toughness, strength, and awareness around the paint going into next season. He is obviously going to be a post/forward in Richman's scheme.

He needs to be a key contributor for next season!

JSUBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Some random thoughts....Really enjoyed that first half, and made me excited for next year. Didn't think Richman did as good as job in the 2nd half, he should have had the guys stop Zion, lol. Vinnie is now LA for next year, and good job on Richman in finding him in Nebraska. This loss drops our record against the ACC to 1-1 now, hopefully we can get back to above .500 against them next year in a non-con game or better yet in the tourney. Team worked hard and was markedly better than at the start. Not every team gets better as the season progress, see SDSU. No excuses now, next year the Summit is ours for the taking, and we need to get a 12-13 seed, and get out of the first week. Could we make it to Sweet 16 who knows, still there are questions to be answered and players need to continually improve, but I'm pumped for MBB, first time since LA and Dex graduated. Which leads me to bring up a quote I saw earlier in the week from Richman. When asked about Vinnie he made a comment about how Vinnie was a breath of fresh air. I don't know what the hell happened with Paul Miller, but gotta think that was in regards to him? That's where my mind instantly went to.

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Love this pic

Quote Originally Posted by twinsguy03 View Post
    Raftery hit it right on the head early in the game. If we can set ball screens on top of the key, Vinnie can be even more dangerous to opponents.
    Vinnie and Ward will be a nice 1-2 punch nexr year. Lots of solid role players around them. Have potential to do this all again and maybe grab a 14 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by JSUBison View Post
    Some random thoughts....Really enjoyed that first half, and made me excited for next year. Didn't think Richman did as good as job in the 2nd half, he should have had the guys stop Zion, lol. Vinnie is now LA for next year, and good job on Richman in finding him in Nebraska. This loss drops our record against the ACC to 1-1 now, hopefully we can get back to above .500 against them next year in a non-con game or better yet in the tourney. Team worked hard and was markedly better than at the start. Not every team gets better as the season progress, see SDSU. No excuses now, next year the Summit is ours for the taking, and we need to get a 12-13 seed, and get out of the first week. Could we make it to Sweet 16 who knows, still there are questions to be answered and players need to continually improve, but I'm pumped for MBB, first time since LA and Dex graduated. Which leads me to bring up a quote I saw earlier in the week from Richman. When asked about Vinnie he made a comment about how Vinnie was a breath of fresh air. I don't know what the hell happened with Paul Miller, but gotta think that was in regards to him? That's where my mind instantly went to.
    You are right that there is new excitement in this program that has been missing the past couple of seasons. Key subtractions have been a part of it, but additions like Shahid, Griesel, Horn, among others have been huge in NDSU's turn around. There honestly is a direction in the program that I haven't seen since Saul left. And that has me excited!

SoCalBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Had a work event at the same time as the game, so I didn't get to watch, but I am so proud of these guys for hanging with Duke for a half. Really excited for next year!
    Bison gonna Bison, FCS or FBS(tm)

Quote Originally Posted by bisonp View Post
    Love this pic

THAT is a framer!

Quotes from coach K after the game tonight. High praise and a lot of class.
    http://www.goduke.com/mediaPortal/pl...db_oem_id=4200