Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: 2019 NCAA March Madness Thread

Default Re: 2019 NCAA March Madness Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I dont understand how some thought this was going to be a boring game considering how fast and aggressive they played.
    Have you ever watched Virginia play? They're the slowest pace out of 355 teams.

Texas tech has an elite defense which would make it even slower.

That is easy to say post game. This game had the makings of a 52-56 game. The over under was 120.

That said I was entertained. Im quite sure the last 2 weeks have been the best tournament bball I've seen. Complete opposite of the first 2 rounds that was 90% chalk

Quote Originally Posted by MNLonghorn10 View Post
    Have you ever watched Virginia play? They're the slowest pace out of 355 teams.

Texas tech has an elite defense which would make it even slower.

That is easy to say post game. This game had the makings of a 52-56 game. The over under was 120.

That said I was entertained. Im quite sure the last 2 weeks have been the best tournament bball I've seen. Complete opposite of the first 2 rounds that was 90% chalk
    Watched both teams in the tourney. Neither team looked slow to me. As a matter of fact after the semis some people were saying it was going to be boring. I couldnt understand it. Regardless that game flew by. Great game to watch.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

People said itd be boring because these are 2 defensive first teams, without a lot of household star power names.

Virginia had to speed up tempo in some of their tourney games because they were playing with fire. 4.5 pt margin of victory since the sweet 16, and add in a few miracle plays. They were on the ropes of being bounced by #16 Gardner Webb in the first round. historically theyre a very sound, technical team thatll slow everything down and beat you methodically. (sounds like NDSU football).

its a good thing Techs bench was hitting from deep or this would've been a blow out. Their star played pretty awful.

Great game. Tech making it that far may have cost Culver a few draft spots if he declares. He really struggled the last couple games.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

It sure seemed like a lot of contested shots. As CAS said not many off the ball screens. I'd like to see the Bison mix in some of the old Princeton offensive sets.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. -Max McGee

“I really thought you had to run the football to control the game,” Erhardt once said. “You had to throw the football to score but had to run the football to win.” - Ron Erhardt

"one shining moment" = NDSU vinnie getting schooled by Zion
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    "one shining moment" = NDSU vinnie getting schooled by Zion
    Forgot how absolutely negative your take on the world is....that short man's complex know no bounds

Quote Originally Posted by unbison View Post
    Forgot how absolutely negative your take on the world is....that short man's complex know no bounds
    Why do people even care about one shining moment? How is it even a thing? Its like their existence hinges on being a part of it. I think its kind of dumb honestly.

Honestly, one of the best all around tournaments Ive ever witnessed. Yes there may have been bigger shots or upsets, but collectively...so many games were amazing to watch.
    I don't care how the vote ended up. They still suck and always will.

Official Unofficial President of the Bisonville Zach Vraa Fan Club.
    http://www.bisonville.com/forum/show...zach+vraa+club

bisonp is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post
    Why do people even care about one shining moment? How is it even a thing? Its like their existence hinges on being a part of it. I think its kind of dumb honestly.

Honestly, one of the best all around tournaments Ive ever witnessed. Yes there may have been bigger shots or upsets, but collectively...so many games were amazing to watch.
    Well the first weekend stunk. But the last two were the best I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by BisonTeacher View Post

I love the One Shining Moment montage and stay tuned in every year until I see it. You almost forget about all the stuff that happened in the rest of the tournament by the time the champion is cutting down the nets at the Final Four. To me it encapsulates, in 3-4 minutes, why the NCAA Tournament is about more than just crowning a champion.