Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: 3/20 NCAA Tournament First Four Round vs NC Central

Default Re: 3/20 NCAA Tournament First Four Round vs NC Central

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    When the light goes on for Deng, he’s our best player. I think if he was given 35 minutes at the 4 all year, his story would be different. Limited minutes and playing the 5 have hurt his confidence.
    I think this is true. I've felt this all year. But we can't litigate it in the middle of a one-and-done game when he is getting the ball smacked out of his hands or dribbling the ball off of an opponent's foot.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 3/20 NCAA Tournament First Four Round vs NC Central

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    When the light goes on for Deng, he’s our best player. I think if he was given 35 minutes at the 4 all year, his story would be different. Limited minutes and playing the 5 have hurt his confidence.
    He is our arguably our most athletic player, along with Ward. At one point of the season he was right up there with the conference leaders in points per minute. Unfortunately he also led the conference in turnovers per minute. I hope the light goes on for him next season, if so, it could be a very memorable season.
    Speaking of Ward. Last year and early this season he was a turnover machine. I guess you can say the light went on for him the 2nd half of this season. He has been outstanding!