Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: 3/20 NCAA Tournament First Four Round vs NC Central

Default Re: 3/20 NCAA Tournament First Four Round vs NC Central

Quote Originally Posted by HerdThat! View Post
    Jacks board has someone claiming that he NIT game against Texas last night does more for recruiting for them than NDSU winning the play in game tonight. Bout spit out my Cheerios laughing at that..... and I haven’t even eaten a bowl of Cheerios in the last 18 years....
    To be fair, I think that post was made before either of the games were played. And the assumption was an SDSU win or two in the NIT versus a one and done NDSU. And he was also slapped down quick by a few SDSU posters who said the NCAA always trumps the NIT.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammersmith View Post
    To be fair, I think that post was made before either of the games were played. And the assumption was an SDSU win or two in the NIT versus a one and done NDSU. And he was also slapped down quick by a few SDSU posters who said the NCAA always trumps the NIT.
    I would hope so, I don't think losing an NIT game in front of 1,000 apathetic Texas fans is much of a boost

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

RedRiver is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Especially when most teams from major conferences aren't happy about going to the NIT when a Summit League team would be happy to be there. Kind of like a bowl game where Northeast A&M plays the 2nd place team from the Big Ten who's not happy they missed the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    I would hope so, I don't think losing an NIT game in front of 1,000 apathetic Texas fans is much of a boost

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
    It's OK to not be OK.

the hate on deng gue in this thread is truly pathetic and uncalled 4---------he came in during that regularly scheduled second half meltdown and stabilized us he got a bucket when we needed it the most------a missed 3 a missed free throw and turnover from putting us right back to where we were when the collapse started--------that big 32 wanted nothing to do with him down low on defense zion your next! I think gue can take him

DIBISON is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Huge win for Coach Richman and the basketball program. Would have been an empty feeling if the Bison did not move on. Now the Bison have their 2nd win ever in March Madness and get to move on in the tournament with their next game with Duke. What an awesome season of Bison Basketball.

Deng has not played great the last few weeks. He seems tentative and can't seem to hold onto the ball. Not sure if he's lost some confidence or what. Hopefully he can have a game against Duke like he did Xavier a couple years ago. He seems to play better against better teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonator98 View Post
    Deng has not played great the last few weeks. He seems tentative and can't seem to hold onto the ball. Not sure if he's lost some confidence or what. Hopefully he can have a game against Duke like he did Xavier a couple years ago. He seems to play better against better teams.
    If we ever had some depth and he could play the four, it might change the game for him a bit. Hopefully that changes next year.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

bisoneer is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Congrats to the Bison on winning the NC Central game! Very fun to watch, both teams played great overall! Go Bison!
    Let's Go Bison!!!

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    If we ever had some depth and he could play the four, it might change the game for him a bit. Hopefully that changes next year.
    When the light goes on for Deng, he’s our best player. I think if he was given 35 minutes at the 4 all year, his story would be different. Limited minutes and playing the 5 have hurt his confidence.